Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Thank you for your service and keeping America free Navy Seal Edward Gallagher
- Boycott Nike @nike
- CNN Chris Cuomo stoking the flames of war with Iran
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Such a nonchalant response to an accusation that the UNW violated its free speech policies is alarming. To be “lef… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @caseyparks: "Since I got the letter, I haven't slept in two days ... why would he write little old me?" @CNN talked to Danielle Metz, t… 23 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- "Dangerous" heat wave | Hottest temps in years to hit area: wdel.com/news/dangerous… | #netDE #weather #heatwave https://t.co/DI6wAxiTyN 9 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- The Establishment in the Democratic Party is unraveling. bit.ly/2S2avDs (via @cnn) 1 week ago
- Why this election is so historic. Watch the full video via @BBCWorld https://t.co/k9xxY60Er5 1 week ago
- Traffic Update- Powell Farm Rd/Vines Creek RD - Back open 3 hours ago
Daily Archives: June 27, 2014
+++UPDATED+++ Profiles in Cowardice, the Delaware Senate bows to Executive intimidation it would seem. #SeparationofPowers#netDE #eduDE
DE Sen Lavelle tweets lame-ass excuse for rewarding Gov. Markell re: Flip-flop vote #edude #netde @destateboarded @gop @senate_gops @GOPleader @reince @huffingtonpost @washingtonpost @delawaretoday
Fall DCAS test would essentially be meaningless, would cost money, and therefore be a distraction and be disruptive.
How in the hell can you measure student academic grow without a baseline! Duh remember DSTP ( Dave Sokola Tricked Parent)? Parents, teachers and all stakeholders demanded a growth model test that provided earlier intervention for students!
DCAS is a Delaware state stand alone assessment based on a growth model! The Smarter Balanced Assessment is a nationalized standardized test driven by the Common Core Standards driven by WASHINGTON aka federal intervention! So you are saying a state driven assessment test is “a distraction and be disruptive.” But a federally hatched assessment isn’t
Greg, I cannot believe you rewarded Jack Markell, Arne Duncan and the president with your kiss-ass vote.
What was the backroom deal Greg?
You know Greg, I had a lot respect for you and Hudson! Hudson bails on House Bill #23 legislation that would have added real transparency and you Greg, you just demonstrated why center republicans have no faith in the party. You take care of the Republicans with big fat bank accounts and just ignore the working class Republicans! Yes Greg, there are “working class republicans”. You vote is a slap in the face to real people!
Election Greg!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Hudson and Longhurst can us a pool-boy during their upcoming retirement! And then their is Joe M out in Pike Creek aka no show Joe!
The Smarter Balanced test will roll-out in the 2014-2015 academic year if passed by the Senate and Governor Markell. While parents may think this will be a once a year test, they are very wrong.
According to Brian Touchette, the state director for assessment at the Delaware DOE, modified teaching curriculum is in the process of being introduced to help teachers with transition to Smarter Balanced testing. This could change teaching as we know it. One of the biggest hurdles to teaching has been the implementation of Common Core standards, and now how teachers educate will be challenged. Any educator I have talked to has been against Common Core, but they can never admit it publicly for fear of losing their job. The DOE, Governor Markell, and Secretary of Education Mark Murphy continuously state that educators are behind this, but fear outweighs common sense.
Mr. Touchette gave a presentation at the…
View original post 521 more words
Delaware Senator Lavelle flip-flops and jams knife in the backs of parents and students #netde #edude @destateboarded @GOP @senate_GOPs @GOPleader @reince
This bill provides for the transition of the statewide student assessment system, the Delaware Comprehensive Student Assessment (DCAS), to the Smarter Balanced Assessment System (Smarter). Specifically, the bill removes references to multiple assessments.
Jun 26, 2014 – Passed by Senate. Votes: Passed 12 YES 9 NO 0 NOT VOTING 0 ABSENT 0 VACANT
Jun 26, 2014 – Roll Call Rescinded in Senate
Jun 26, 2014 – Defeated by Senate. Votes: Defeated 8 YES 13 NO 0 NOT VOTING 0 ABSENT 0 VACANT