Softer marijuana penalties advance in House Jonathan Starkey, The News Journal
The legislation, sponsored by Rep. Helene Keeley, a Wilmington Democrat, would replace criminal penalties with $250 civil fines for anyone 21 or older in Delaware found possessing an ounce or less of marijuana for personal use. Fines double if unpaid after 90 days. The marijuana also would be turned over to police.
Keeley said in committee testimony that it’s not appropriate to saddle Delawareans with criminal charges, which could prevent them from finding a job, for possessing small amounts of marijuana. Buying and selling the drug would remain illegal under her proposal.
“The main reason I’m doing this is day in and day out, I see folks who are applying for positions and they are denied employment based upon something they did many years ago,” Keeley said.
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- University of Illinois students cannot confidentially speak to certain members of the press about sexual misconduct… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- RT @RepLBR: Firefighters and those in our military have served our country – now they deserve our service. I’ll continue fighting to ensure… 15 hours ago
- RT @MaddyinMilford: This is such a fascinating story, and a shining example of why we're going to miss the amazing work we've seen come fro… 13 hours ago
- RT @Princeton: Tonight at #PrincetonU, two professors on different ends of the political spectrum, @McCormickProf and @CornelWest, discuss… 1 week ago
- Join me at #OutNow protests launching 10/19 demanding that the fascist Trump/Pence Regime Must Go—NOW! We are hitti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Traffic Advisory-Rt1 s/b at Cave Neck Rd, Milton closed due to crash. 14 hours ago