Marijuana decriminalization proposed in Dover Jonathan Starkey, The News Journal
Delawareans could legally possess up to an ounce of marijuana for “personal use” under proposed legislation backed by Democratic lawmakers in both chambers of the General Assembly.
The legislation would set the legal age for marijuana possession at 21 and would only impose a $100 civil fine on anyone found consuming marijuana in a public place, including streets, parks and sidewalks.
Marijuana possession is currently prosecuted as a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and fines of up to $1,150.
Rep. Helene Keeley, a Wilmington Democrat, is sponsoring the legislation. It has 14 other Democratic co-sponsors. No Republicans were listed as sponsors as of Wednesday. Keeley, who was unavailable for comment on Thursday morning, is circulating the bill for additional support in Dover with just more than a month left in the current legislative session.
Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa…
- Is the Immigrant Caravan a drug cartel created diversion ? @seanhannity
- Corey Booker releases 2020 Campaign Song @ingrahamAngle
- University of Delaware rated #1 party school. 100 students arrested this weekend for underage drinking! They should be expelled from college.
- Death’s rattle at the gates of America
- Hicks Anderson didn’t march to the white man’s drum!
- .@WVU once claimed "student organization don't have due process rights," now claims sanctions are not sanctions and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @MyDaughtersArmy: His name is Nathan Phillips. A Vietnam veteran. Here he speaks about the incident. “I wish I could see that energy,… 7 minutes ago
- Let's not confuse things -- racism is a moral issue with political consequences. Such moral issues have leftist, ri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- What can progressives do about the global shift to the right? We discuss at @TheRealNews #watch bit.ly/2AsEIUE Thoughts? 2 weeks ago
- Preparing for Pending Inclement Weather dsp.delaware.gov/2019/01/19/pre… This weekend into Monday morning, Delaware may ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago