New bill would further school funding flexibility By Kelli Steele WDEL
School districts struggling to improve or maintain the quality of instruction would gain additional flexibility to raise funds under legislation in the House.
State Rep. Darryl Scott, who isn’t running for re-election, says House Bill 355 will be filed next week.
The measure would revise a provision in current law that requires a school district to hold a successful public referendum before a school board may approve any tax increases to fund non-capital budget expenditures.
Under the bill, a school board could raise its local tax rate by up to 3 percent per year without a referendum. Larger increases and revenue enhancements for the purposes of funding capital projects, like new school construction, would remain subject to referendum in all cases.
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- RT @TheFIREorg: New South Dakota Board of Regents policies allow for spontaneous demonstrations and ban unlawful "free speech zones." Thei… 11 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @mims It is 11 p.m. and I just went in to the bedroom where my 3 year old is sleeping, removed a bag of knockoff ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- @DuvernayOR @ScottFerrell Oh I know. I’m saying Houma Cajuns are right and New Orleans “Cajuns” are wrong. 7 hours ago
- We have lost the greatest novelist of our time - my dearest sister, colleague and teacher, the one and only… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Brother @BernieSanders confronts the challenges of the Democratic Party. Watch/read via @democracynow here: bit.ly/2YGFxTq 3 weeks ago
- Traffic update- Rt 113 Southbound at Swamp Road is re-opened 1 day ago