A five-year contract has been awarded by the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) to the American Institutes for Research (AIR), located in Washington, D.C., to begin the immediate development and piloting of a new statewide assessment system for public school students in grades 2-10, known as the Delaware Comprehensive Assessment System (DCAS).
Beginning with the 2009-2010 school year, AIR will pilot:
online testing in reading and mathematics for grades 3-8,
end-of-course online testing for high school students in English language arts, mathematics and science,
online testing in science and social studies in selected grades, and
online benchmark testing in reading and mathematics in grades 2-10 to help teachers plan instruction according to the students’ needs and show student growth towards Delaware standards.
The DCAS will become fully operational for the 2010-2011 school year. The total cost of the five year contract is $24.6 million effective until June 30, 2014. The DDOE reserves the right to extend the contract for as many as five additional one-year extensions if it is deemed to be in the best interest of the State of Delaware.
Because the state is obliged to continue school accountability in the present school year for federal No Child Left Behind legislation, the current DSTP assessment will continue to be administered in March 2010 in grades 2-10 for reading and mathematics and in May, 2010 in grades 8 and 11 for science and social studies.
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- FIRE statement on @usedgov letter to Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies: thefire.org/fire-statement… In shor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @jackiemader: Why your toddler can't learn from a screen hechingerreport.org/why-your-toddl…… #earlyed #edchat 8 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- The Democratic establishment strategy of anybody but Bernie. Part 1: bit.ly/2kyqey5 Part 2:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Please note my reference here to the upcoming historic Civil Rights case before the Supreme Court inspired by Byron… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Traffic Advisory-DuPont Blvd & Hickory St - NB lane of DuPont BLVD Closed due to crash 1 hour ago