When parents don’t step up to the plate News Journal Letter to the Editor
Here’s my response to former Wilmington Mayor James M. Baker’s recent Delaware Voice on charter schools. I would like to point out that while he blames public schools for the failings of minority students, he leaves out those who are truly responsible – parents.
But since he is a politician it is understandable that he would avoid placing the blame where it really belongs – on voting parents. Blaming schools for the failure of parents to assure their children are making the efforts needed, while taking responsibility for their own education, is irresponsible and will simply prolong the problem.
kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- The governor of Texas signed two unconstitutional bills into law. If any student or faculty member experiences dep… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Beautiful #FathersDay2019 storytelling from @budweiser. #SmartMarketing twitter.com/LizHemingway/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @zipcodewilm: We are proud to announce that Zip Code has been selected as one of six national training programs in a new government init… 4 hours ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 4 days ago
- Joe Biden represents a past that hurt black people. Tune into the conversation on #FoxNews bit.ly/2Zk0CU7 5 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 2 days ago