Calling a spade a spade by Rob T. Lum / News Journal editorial
As much as I want to solely blame the inexcusable ignorance that permeates the African-American community at the government’s feet, the blame is closer to home. It’s my family’s fault for not ingraining the knowledge and facts of many historical events and important achievements of my ancestors. It’s our nation’s educational system’s fault.
I blame well-educated, established, influential, powerful and wealthy African-Americans. It’s their fault for not going back to help and educate less-fortunate African-Americans by providing a blue print for prosperity.
Finally again, it’s my fault. As an informed African-American man, I haven’t entrenched myself in my history and ingrained these monumental dates and knowledge.
Until we — you and I — fully accept this failure, African-Americans will continue to fail. We will never begin to embody the sense of urgency, commitment, unity, sacrifice, and compassion required to begin working to holistically address and eradicate the core diseases that plague African-Americans as individuals, stifling the advancement of our families, communities and nation as a whole.
Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- New York considers an Israel-related 'hate speech' bill for the fourth time. It's still unconstitutional. Consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @duvINdelaware: Heavy regional rains last night have local rivers running high and fast with more rain anticipated today. Brandywine in… 3 hours ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 5 days ago