Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- Jerry Falwell Jr. lauds @LibertyU's commitment to free speech while embracing his ‘right’ to censor its newspaper.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- #JetSet | Hidden cameras in #Airbnbs not stopping bookings, @DTCChicago survey finds: wdel.com/news/jetset-hi… |… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @DaveBentz: Reenactment of how my kid woke me up at 5:30 this morning. #dadtweet https://t.co/lgFKI2BQSP 57 minutes ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 5 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 4 days ago
Daily Archives: January 27, 2014
Wise to give teachers some flexibility, News Journal Jan. 26, 2014 5:30 PM
The governor said, “In fact, we have one of the most rigid funding systems in the country. This leaves little room for school leaders – those who know our students best – to innovate, create a vision, and pursue it.”
He’s right. Everything has a slot. A mindset that allows so much for this and so much for that is too confining.
The governor proposed giving some leaders the ability to spend state money implementing their own improvement plans.
“We should track their choices, measure the results, and see how we can best provide greater flexibility to more schools. It is time to give those school leaders more flexibility to make a different in our kids’ education.
This has great potential. Of course, all public money must be safeguarded and accounted for. But flexibility within intelligent guidelines could only help improve the program. After all, we expect leaders to lead, not just fill in the blanks on some bureaucratic form.