Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Thank you for your service and keeping America free Navy Seal Edward Gallagher
- Boycott Nike @nike
- CNN Chris Cuomo stoking the flames of war with Iran
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Such a nonchalant response to an accusation that the UNW violated its free speech policies is alarming. To be “lef… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @caseyparks: "Since I got the letter, I haven't slept in two days ... why would he write little old me?" @CNN talked to Danielle Metz, t… 23 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- "Dangerous" heat wave | Hottest temps in years to hit area: wdel.com/news/dangerous… | #netDE #weather #heatwave https://t.co/DI6wAxiTyN 9 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- The Establishment in the Democratic Party is unraveling. bit.ly/2S2avDs (via @cnn) 1 week ago
- Why this election is so historic. Watch the full video via @BBCWorld https://t.co/k9xxY60Er5 1 week ago
- Traffic Update- Powell Farm Rd/Vines Creek RD - Back open 3 hours ago
Daily Archives: August 29, 2013
Syria and DelawareThe Delaware Libertarian
A vote for war in Syria is to spend the blood of Americans for no great cause, for no great gain, and for a guarantee that more flag-draped coffins will arrive at Dover Air Force Base, about which distraught moms, dads, husbands, wives, and children will sob and ask, “Tell me again, why was this death necessary?”
Well Steve once again the professor (you) and Gilligan (me) share the same thoughts. For me America (Obama) needs to stay the fuck out of Syria and let the men of Syria decide what cost they are willing to give for freedom in “their” civil war! And I agree there is no great cause for war in Syria! I’d rate see Obama fight the war on poverty in America or better, yet use some of that war money to help cities like Wilmington Delaware add more police to fight local crime! Add more state police to allow Delawareans to live in safety.
I am still baffled as to why Obama was award the Nobel Peace Prize
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.
Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama’s initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.
Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population.
For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world’s leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama’s appeal that “Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges.”
Oslo, October 9, 2009
So Obama was in office as president for less than a year and he accomplished all these amazing things? Don’t you think sending American forces into another sovereign country engaged in an internal civil war would make one wonder should Obama be required to return the Nobel Peace Prize?
More of Delaware Libertarian’s post (Newton) “It is particularly important to stay grounded in that understanding of just how little we can trust our own government. We know from painful experience (remember Colin Powell at the UN) about those WMDs in Iraq. We recall (some of us) how the US not only stood idly by but appears to have clandestinely supported Saddam Hussein’s use of chemical weapons in the Iran-Iraq War of the 1980s. And we know that the current administration has joined the pattern of lying its ass off regarding damn near anything to do with foreign policy or intelligence. “
Steve if the president can twist the guns law with were to allow citizens the right to bear arms I think at best we should question the law allowing the President to engage in war where there has been no direct attack on American! STOP the presses! “President Obama and Vice President Biden once held radically different views on the use of military force without congressional authorization. During the 2008 presidential campaign, both made undeniably clear the president could not authorize a military strike without congressional except for a case of an “imminent threat.” Then-Senator Biden found the offense impeachable.” WOW I wonder if Biden will call for Obama’s impeachment?
If we help defeat Assad we can hope for no gratitude (nor any regional stability) from the installation of another Islamist regime in Damascus.