Message from Congressman John Carney (received via E-mail)
This fall, with my oldest son going off to college, my wife Tracey and I are joining the ranks of millions of parents who are helping put their kids through college. Unfortunately, the rising cost of college tuition is making this more and more of a struggle for many American families.
College costs today are six times higher than they were in the early 1980s. That means the price of college has increased four times faster than median household income, and twice as fast as health care costs. That is a staggering rate of increase — and one that most Americans simply can’t afford. With a global economy making higher education and training more important than ever, Congress needs to find ways to make college more affordable for average, hard-working American families.
That’s why, this summer, I’m meeting with colleges, administrators, recent college graduates, parents, high school guidance counselors, college students, and a host of other experts to learn more about ways we can keep college costs down. As part of my effort to find a solution to ballooning college costs, I want to hear from you.
Are you a high school senior worried about taking on mountains of debt to pay for college? Are you a college employee with ideas for reining in costs? Are you a recent college graduate struggling to pay your loans? A parent who’s shouldered the burden of college along with your child?
If you have a story to tell, submit it here, either in writing, or by making a YouTube video. Throughout the summer, I’ll be posting the stories you send me on my Facebook and Twitter pages.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- New York considers an Israel-related 'hate speech' bill for the fourth time. It's still unconstitutional. Consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @duvINdelaware: Heavy regional rains last night have local rivers running high and fast with more rain anticipated today. Brandywine in… 3 hours ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 5 days ago