Message from Congressman John Carney (received via E-mail)
This fall, with my oldest son going off to college, my wife Tracey and I are joining the ranks of millions of parents who are helping put their kids through college. Unfortunately, the rising cost of college tuition is making this more and more of a struggle for many American families.
College costs today are six times higher than they were in the early 1980s. That means the price of college has increased four times faster than median household income, and twice as fast as health care costs. That is a staggering rate of increase — and one that most Americans simply can’t afford. With a global economy making higher education and training more important than ever, Congress needs to find ways to make college more affordable for average, hard-working American families.
That’s why, this summer, I’m meeting with colleges, administrators, recent college graduates, parents, high school guidance counselors, college students, and a host of other experts to learn more about ways we can keep college costs down. As part of my effort to find a solution to ballooning college costs, I want to hear from you.
Are you a high school senior worried about taking on mountains of debt to pay for college? Are you a college employee with ideas for reining in costs? Are you a recent college graduate struggling to pay your loans? A parent who’s shouldered the burden of college along with your child?
If you have a story to tell, submit it here, either in writing, or by making a YouTube video. Throughout the summer, I’ll be posting the stories you send me on my Facebook and Twitter pages.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- And .... yet ANOTHER academic alleges viewpoint discrimination in his denial of entry into the U.S. This time, a s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- #WilmDE's Tyler Hill celebrates Carolina League title with @WilmBlueRocks: wdel.com/news/wilmingto… | #netDE via @SeanGreeneWDEL #inWilm 9 hours ago
- RT @mattdpearce: I wonder how many em dashes I am allowed to use before my editor takes my keyboard away from me. 2 hours ago
- The Democratic establishment strategy of anybody but Bernie. Part 1: bit.ly/2kyqey5 Part 2:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Please note my reference here to the upcoming historic Civil Rights case before the Supreme Court inspired by Byron… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE: All lanes of I-95 southbound have been reopened. 1 day ago