Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Thank you for your service and keeping America free Navy Seal Edward Gallagher
- Boycott Nike @nike
- CNN Chris Cuomo stoking the flames of war with Iran
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Such a nonchalant response to an accusation that the UNW violated its free speech policies is alarming. To be “lef… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @caseyparks: "Since I got the letter, I haven't slept in two days ... why would he write little old me?" @CNN talked to Danielle Metz, t… 23 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- "Dangerous" heat wave | Hottest temps in years to hit area: wdel.com/news/dangerous… | #netDE #weather #heatwave https://t.co/DI6wAxiTyN 9 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- The Establishment in the Democratic Party is unraveling. bit.ly/2S2avDs (via @cnn) 1 week ago
- Why this election is so historic. Watch the full video via @BBCWorld https://t.co/k9xxY60Er5 1 week ago
- Traffic Update- Powell Farm Rd/Vines Creek RD - Back open 3 hours ago
Daily Archives: May 17, 2013
The full withdraw of Christina school district from Race to The Top puts Delaware Governor Jack Markell behind the eight-ball.
CSD Super pretty much tactfully told Governor Markell to kiss his ass! Keep am eye-out for some political jockeying with Markell and Muphy threatening a state takeover of Christina School District. I’d go ahead and shove CSD up their ass!
Toughened teacher preparation standards in Delaware win final approval Written by Nichole Dobo and Jonathan Starkey The News Journal May 16, 2013 11:26 PM
Delaware lawmakers gave final approval Thursday to a measure that aims to strengthen teacher preparation standards at the state’s colleges and universities, a proposal that was central to Gov. Jack Markell’s legislative agenda.
The changes, proposed in Markell’s State of the State address in January, passed 37-2 in the House. It passed the Senate earlier this month and now heads to Markell’s desk for his signature.
Looks like two state Senators are doing more work for teacher’s rights than than teachers union representatives.
Amendments failed Thursday to nix the GPA requirement and data reporting elements of the bill. Rep. John Kowalko, a Newark Democrat, said the bill represented the “height of legislative intrusion where we don’t belong. It prematurely eliminates students from entering into their chosen career path by legislating away their choices and options,” Kowalko said.
Rep. Paul Baumbach, also a Newark Democrat, said the bill placed undue burden on the state Department of Education by requiring the agency to oversee data on grads.
Wild man Kowalko! He puts it on the line for labor and labor sits on the sideline with their heads up their asses!
The new regulations would not apply to colleges outside of Delaware, and those graduates remain eligible to work in the state if they pass certification exams. However, the largest supplier of teachers in Delaware are in-state colleges and universities, federal and state reports show.