Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- New York considers an Israel-related 'hate speech' bill for the fourth time. It's still unconstitutional. Consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @duvINdelaware: Heavy regional rains last night have local rivers running high and fast with more rain anticipated today. Brandywine in… 3 hours ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 5 days ago
Daily Archives: April 24, 2013
Colonial School District plans 72 layoffs if referendum fails Written by The News Journal
The Colonial School District will lay off 72 people, including 58 teachers, if voters don’t approve a tax increase, according to a plan approved by the school board Tuesday night.
Colonial needs some of this money to continue to fund Race to The Top programs after next year! PLEASE VOTE NO IN COLONIAL’S REFERENDUM.
I don’t like to see anyone especially teachers lose their jobs. However, they FUCKED us by supporting Race to The Top! Parents didn’t get to vote on Race to The Top, Common Core Standards or the Smarter Balanced Assessment. This just a cup of coffee a day to fund another referendum is bullshit! Over the years we done gave the coffee, the cup, the pot and the fucking stove to cook it on! This referendum will add financial pressure on local business that could cost provident sector jobs! NO !
End the Race to The Top Wall Street ponzi scheme!
Outcry erupts over 1% pay raise proposed for military by Gregg Zoroya, USA TODAY
Military families and their advocates are battling an Obama administration proposal to limit troops’ pay raises to 1% in 2014, the lowest increase in half a century.
It just amazes me that billions of dollars are being poured into education for things like teacher boneses and the Race to The Top Wall Street ponzi scheme and we can only afford 1% raise for our troops! Sad day in America!
Pencader smoke signals are saying Pencader’s graduation will be June 6th at the Chase Center! I wonder if the Chase Center is donating services because it would be a waste of needed closure money! No reason graduation can’t be at Pencader. There are about 95 seniors.
Smoke signals also saying , DE DOE is meeting with Pencader teachers tomorrow. Perhaps Markell took Kilroy’s advice and are paying out teacher directly no via the hands of the incompetent school board!
Teacher education reform: solving another problem we don’t have The Delaware Libertarian Wednesday April 24, 2013
SB 51 is bad law, concocted for pure political show, and determined to solve a problem that does not exist in order to distract everyone from examining the real flaws in the system.
Our state universities are already providing quality entry-level teachers, and they are doing under the rigorous supervision of a national accrediting agency.
Match these gateways against one other reality that the Markell administration and its Rodel allies would like to brush aside: there is ABSOLUTELY NO RESEARCH to suggest that new teachers being graduated by our state universities are either (A) unqualified or (B) have worse results in the classrooms than their peers.
Frederika Jenner has also provided the DSEA endorsement for the idea. Great–the organization that signed off on Race to the Top has just signed off on another deal to make it more difficult for young people to enter the profession. There is little indication that the rank and file among DSEA’s membership actually supports this bill.