M Ryder on Christina Referendum Does Not… john kowalko on Christina Referendum Does Not… Kevin Ohlandt on Christina Referendum Does Not… lastDEconservative on Christina Referendum Does Not… lastDEconservative on Christina Referendum Does Not… lastDEconservative on Governor Markell must be all s… lastDEconservative on Who Delaware school vouchers p… Arthur on Christina Referendum Does Not… kavips on Governor Markell must be all s… Pencadermom on Who Delaware school vouchers p…
- Charter School of Wilmington Leader Dr. Paoli Under Fire In Change.org Petition To Restore Dr. Fleetwood’s Contract
- Christina Referendum Does Not Pass…Cowards Who Voted No Want Children To Suffer
- Governor Markell must be all smiles as Christina’s referendums fails
- Delaware’s Governor want-to-be needs the step up their game and engage the public education issues
- Who Delaware school vouchers push DE DOE to do a better job
- Profs at @Harvard_Law push back against @Harvard’s sexual assault policies, and @thecrimson has all the details: thefire.org/harvard-crimso… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @expanding_time: Awesome RT @UpshotNYT: How colleges can turn more women into computer scientists. nyti.ms/1c7I9Rv http://t.co/Hc… 3 hours ago
- RT @nwkpost: BREAKING: Christina referendum fails again, this time by a much closer margin. 5,968 against, 5,074 for #NewarkDE 22 hours ago
- Follow @usconsfreepress
- #NewarkDE High School student allegedly caught w/ loaded gun in backpack: wdel.com/story.php?id=6… #NetDE #eduDE 3 hours ago
- RT @NateSilver538: So basically, Qatar is Delaware but with indentured servants, imprisoned journalists, 117º temps and no Dogfish Head. ht… 1 hour ago
- #MalcolmX had the courage to risk life and limb to speak of the painful truths about America. ow.ly/Ndgc8 1 week ago
- Today we remember and celebrate the life of a towering figure in American history -- Malcolm X. ow.ly/Nac4S 1 week ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice
Daily Archives: February 1, 2013
Originally posted on Transparent Christina:
1/30/13 UPDATE: @DEStateBoardEd responded via PM on twitter defending this meeting as private and not required posting. To be clear, the board member below called it a meeting, but the SBE respondent on twitter called it a “social lunch”. Methinks they are blurring the lines and just trying to defend a private meeting of public officials. Ultimately,the defense of not posting (public or executive) a meeting in which a quorum of SBE members attended was simply the SBE’s way of telling me, and all of us, that the Title 29, Section 100 laws on open meetings are for us, but not them. In other words, nothing new.
No meeting of this sort is listed on the Delaware calendar this week:
View original 45 more words
RE: D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program. FYI, don’t hold your breath for a state “supported” version in Delaware because CRI pissed their extreme right-wing piss in the mix. I think these scholarship are a good thing for children failed by Title 1 funded schools traditional and charters. Far too long our public school administration, DE DOE and the Wall Street conspirators fed $$$$ of the backs of our poor students.
John Klein and the Committee on Education and the Workforce just don’t get it! The United States Secretary of Education answers to no one by the president. This committee has no power!
Tarbiyah Islamic School of Delaware
698 Old Baltimore Pike
Newark, DE 19702
Tarbiyah School is a registered Non-Profit Organization and is registered with Delaware Department of Education. All contributions are used only to support the actual operations costs. As a comittment to patrons and the community, the school makes financial statements available in its monthly newsletter.
The yearly tuition fee schedule is as follows:
First Child: $2500/per year
Each Additional Child: $2000/per year.
Our Philosophy – All students have their own learning styles. Through the lens of Tarbiyah and multiple intelligences, we provide students with differentiated and experiential learning in different subject areas. Our aim is to nurture and facilitate a balanced curriculum by using the creative and visionary Quran, Arabic, and Islamic Studies curriculum integrated with Delaware’s common core standards. We emphasize the use of manipulatives, hands-on, real life and practical activities and games to reinforce the core concepts of the subject areas. This is done to maximize the learning while making it enjoyable to the students.
The population diversity of Delaware will be a driver in moving Delaware into the global economy. American’s foundation is anchored in freedom of speech, expression and religion. Delaware’s role in the American Revolutionary War is something to be proud of and celebrated everyday. Permitting innovations in education was part of America’s struggle for freedom. Freedom to operate schools with limited obstruction from government empowers parents and communities to meet the needs of “their” children as they see fit. America’s public education system is being driven by overreaching federal and state control that infringes on local control and parent’s rights and it needs to stop.
“Differentiated and experiential learning”. This is what all schools should be allow to adopt. Every child is a unique individual and shouldn’t be forced to be education like a heard of sheep being driven in one direction. Children are our future and it will be up to them to bridge the divide across the culture and religious barriers. Ignorance + ignorance = ignorance. The world’s problems and divide are a result of ignorance. Children cannot love one-another until they can love themselves.
The tuition cost noted does not include various fees. I wonder what the real cost of public education would be if they didn’t have to support the Wall Street education ponzi scheme?
A little over a year ago, Tarbiyah School started as a homeschool program for 5 children. With the grace of Allah in a few months it went from 5 to 35 children and now a year later it has grown to a full size school providing high quality education to dozens of families. Al hamdulilah in a very short period of time we were able to develop an excellent curriculum supported by highly qualified teachers and advanced technology.