Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- New York considers an Israel-related 'hate speech' bill for the fourth time. It's still unconstitutional. Consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @duvINdelaware: Heavy regional rains last night have local rivers running high and fast with more rain anticipated today. Brandywine in… 3 hours ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 5 days ago
Daily Archives: January 18, 2013
I just love it when data is archived. Charter School of Wilmington Board of Directors Document Archive
THE ARCHITECT OF NORTHERN DELAWARE BUSING PASSES AWAY by The Colossus of Rhodey
Ironically, again, state lawmakers back then utilized (or, attempted to utilize) an early form of what the entire state now has as law — school choice — as the remedy for desegregation. But that wasn’t (and never is) sufficient for the social engineers among us. Read more here ……….
@GovernorMarkell gets sage advice after his State of the State. #netDE Transparent Christina.
When will you listen? It is not about pay and never has been, this is why the incentive bonus program was rejected by far more than accepted it last year.
Edu-Highlights from Hurricane Jack’s State of the State Address from Children and Educators First
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a wrap!
4 new charter schools seek OK Written by Nichole Dobo The News Journal
Delaware MET would be a New Castle County high school with up to 528
The Design Lab would serve high school students in New Castle County. The school hopes to enroll up to 700 student in Wilmington
The First State Military Academy, a proposed high school in Kent County, plans to enroll up to 500 students
Pike Creek Charter School would serve grades six to eight in New Castle County. The school hopes to enroll up to 390 students
3 charter schools won’t open in 2013 Funding, finding location and leaders cited in delays Written by Nichole DoboThe News Journal
Early College High School in Dover
Academia Antonia Alonso in Wilmington
First State Montessori Academy in Wilmington.
I just can’t see how the Delaware Department of Education has the capacity to effectively manage more charter schools. They are making a mess with Pencader probationary status and OMG have you visited all the charter school webpages? Many are a mess with many lacking links to critical school governance in formation such as updated financial reports, required IRS 990 forms posted on webpage, board minutes and agendas and budgets, Now we’re finding out charter schools don’t even have to provide summer schools and there are concerns some are charging summer school tuition.
Steve is going to love this, I honestly feel DE DOE needs to get out of the charter school approval business and only allow public school districts to approval charter schools within their bounds if they desire. This is a 360 reversal of my previous position. Also, all eyes are on Red Clay in regards to Delaware College Preparatory charter school now on Red Clay probation. It takes vision to approve charter schools and courage to close the ineffective ones. I just think DE DOE has lost it’s credibility as an approval and oversight charter authority.
I am not saying don’t approval more charter schools or end charter schools all together. I am saying, DE DOE is in over it’s heads and we need some kind charter school approval and oversight body that can do a better job.
Follow-up from this post Delaware’s High School Dropout Report left out Conrad & Cab #netDE
DE DOE correction here Delaware Dropout Summary Statistics 2011 – 2012
Hey Merv you owe me lunch! Corrections changed Red Clay’s 2011-2012 dropout rate from 4.1% to 3.4% and three-year average to 4.1% from 4,3%
Judge Murray Schwartz’s desegregation ruling and the havoc it wreakedby John A. Di Mondi News Journal Letters to The Editor January 18, 2013
There are few events in one’s life that affect so many as the 1978 desegregation order by the now late Judge Murray M. Schwartz. Uprooting tens of thousands of young children including my two children from their neighborhood schools to bus them into Wilmington, a hostile unsafe environment, at a time shortly after armed troops, I being one of them that had to occupy the city to preserve order.
Mr. Schwartz used his position like so many other social liberal activists to promote his private and others of his ilk’s positions. He is being lauded by others following in his tainted footsteps whom put their personal liberal agenda over a large segment of society’s own personal rights and aspirations. Yet his rulings went beyond the immediate chaos it caused. It created the continued demise of the public school system as we knew it into the failure it is today.
The white-flight repercussions spread into large abandonment of the public school system by any parent of any race who wants a safe and learning environment for their children. Thus the birth of charter schools and expansion of religious and private learning to escape Judge Schwartz and his followers’ grand experiment with our children’s future. It was hypocrisy by him and the Joe Bidens and others including our current president, who champion this cause, yet send their children to expensive private schools. It’s not the conservatives who exemplify this hypocrisy of “let them eat cake” but the social liberals like the late Judge Schwartz and company.