Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat…
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- WDEL’s Rick Jensen endorses John Young for Christina School Board member
- Faculty members sue @UArkansas over a new tenure policy that grants administrators greater discretion to dismiss fa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- @seasidecindy @ccarl He’s the absolute best, such a personality and so friendly—he’s the life of every party. Highl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- RT @antoniacere: I saw a man walking around my terminal playing a flute for 40min and was losing my mind because I thought it was André 300… 18 hours ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 2 days ago
- Joe Biden represents a past that hurt black people. Tune into the conversation on #FoxNews bit.ly/2Zk0CU7 3 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 13 hours ago
Daily Archives: September 30, 2012
Myers: Inflating a player’s stats is never the right call; BRAD MYERS COMMENTARY 1:30 AM, Sep. 30, 2012 EDT
As expected, eyebrows were raised around Delaware’s high school football community. On Sept. 21, I received an email from the coach of another team on Pencader Charter’s schedule. He had watched the tape of the Pencader Charter-Christiana game, and he thought Beeks’ numbers were wildly exaggerated. Read the entire article,,,,,,,,,,
Kilroy says; When a coach exaggerates the performance of a player it’s a disservice that a young high school athletic who is doing his best. Back in my day the coaches we role models and helped instilled character and integrity in players who are individuals.
Extending tax increases an option in coming budget Written by Jonathan Starkey The News Journal
Gov. Jack Markell and top Democratic lawmakers are not ruling out an extension of recession-era tax increases to buoy Delaware’s budget, which remains strained by slow economic growth and rising costs in Medicaid and public employee benefits.
Hey Jack check your wallet, doesn’t that card say capitalist! There is an old saying, you have to spend money to make money! I don’t think that means government. The gross receipt tax should be zero! As far as funding education, we need to end the local referendum process for traditional public schools and fund them like the votechs. Let the state legislators set the tax rates and perhaps they’ll step in and address the wasteful spending.
Markell pushed for the business and individual tax increases during his first year in office to help close an $800 million budget shortfall, promising at the time to let them expire this year.
Once reelected Markell couldn’t keep a promise to his Rabbi. However, the fact remains, Markell could piss in the public drinking water and they’d be fool enough to vote for him.
“Making a blanket pledge either way, before seeing the nonpartisan data in December, would be financially irresponsible,” said Brian Selander, a spokesman for Markell.
But its O.K. to re-engineer Delaware’s public school using a Wall Street playbook that sends millions out of the class rooms to feed Markell’s stock portfolio that contains Wireless General and K12.Inc. Mr. Snakelander, where is the proven data to justify pissing away millions on the Wall Street education ponzi scheme?
n 2009, Markell also pushed through increases in the corporate franchise tax, an 8-percent gross receipts tax increase and a reinstatement of Delaware’s estate tax.
Good old Jack Markell the card carry capitalist, Delawareans can’t even die within Jack Markell coming in to pick their asses clean of every last dime. But you can bet he has trust funds free of estate taxes setup to take care of his family.
Union president Frederika Jenner says the teachers haven’t taken a public position on the tax increases yet, but are worried that slowing state revenue would force painful cuts to services, including public education. An extension of the tax increases “may be warranted,” Jenner said.
Well it looks like the teachers just took a position or at best a code message was just created for them to do so! I am all for pre-k but we can’t afford it! I oppose Race for The Top but DSEA and all the local teacher unions supported it! Federally funded you say!! No taxpayer funded! Delaware buys Fisker a plant to build their cars and Markell turns a blind eye when they don’t pay their school taxes. Everyday in the private sector employers have to tell their employees, no raises and we might be able to afford not laying off anyone! If there is enough money at DE DOE for Markell to hire his Rodel buddies and give Judas a job for selling the Race to The Top Kool-aid perhaps its time to really reform the finances of public education starting with better “transparency”. I would suggest holding a bake sale but Michelle Obama sent memo to Markell that foods served in schools without nutrition labels upsets her husband.
We’re talking about taxes that support the kind of public services that everybody needs, wants and probably deserves,” Jenner said. “I think the public recognizes, and a lot of data indicate, that public schools are improving and we would hate to have something that had an impact that would make us take some steps back.
I think we can cut back on some of the EPER and focus more on the common core standards. Speaking of data, Arne Duncan’s data suggest holding teacher’s pay accountable to student testing data is what students deserves. Nice little buzz word isn’t it! How about if we purge Teach for America from our schools? We need to end the local referendum process and have the legislators fund all of public schools not just votechs and perhaps they’ll push some real financial transparency bills not pretend ones that don’t get enforced! I hear you but stay out of my food budget until Markell stops lying to the taxpayers and school children.
Markell’s office rejected that the taxes are a political issue. “This has nothing to do with the election,” Selander said. “It has to do with being able to craft a responsible budget based on the resources a non-partisan group makes clear we have available. Those numbers won’t be known for sure until December.”