wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- Know your rights! Check out FIRE's guides to ... *Free Speech on Campus *Due Process and Campus Justice *Student… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- (Regrettably, you have to expand the photo to see it.) 21 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- RT @markfowser: We get a parade, right? Are people pouring into the streets of #WilmDE, climbing poles? twitter.com/WilmBlueRocks/… https://t.c… 16 hours ago
- TBH, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more anti-Delaware screeds like this in this election cycle. #netde… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- Please note my reference here to the upcoming historic Civil Rights case before the Supreme Court inspired by Byron… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- I was wrong about Queen @Beyonce! #video #blackgraduation2019 @Harvard bit.ly/2kqJ4a2 https://t.co/P1yr7ZMLzh 1 week ago
- Crash DuPont Blvd& Old Landing Rd - 113 Nb involving a motor cycle - Please use caution and avoid the area. 1 day ago
Daily Archives: September 12, 2012
I am sure he has taken the time away from politics to do some soul searching on personal and political flaws.
We hear all about jobs, jobs, jobs but the reality is crime, crime, crime! Markell tries to market Delaware as the place to do business and he has to $$$ sweeten the pie! Delaware, New Castle County and Wilmington need to be a desirable destination for new business, their employees and families. We need more police patrolling neighborhoods. I think that’s a no brainier for Tom Gordon. We are letting criminals control the streets and our lives. We need to put an end to criminals raiding small businesses like they are personal piggy-banks. It pisses me off that every time a stranger walks through my neighborhood I have to put my radar up and be prepared for confrontation. We need security and without strong police presence its not going to happen. Same goes for business owners!
I have a hunch Gordon 2.0 might help restore some pride, prosperity and security to New Castle County.
Don’t confuse budget deficit being bankrupt. Budget deficit is actual expenditures in contrast to amounts budgeted for the year. School business / fiscal years ends June 30 the of each year. Newark Charter did have a $4.9 surplus carryover from 2011. Checkout Newark Charters June 2012 monthly budget report and you’ll see red ink! Remember it is a monthly report! Most charter and district issue a June 30th financial positioning report followed by a Annual Financial Statement that is a broad assessment of their total finances. Newark Charter did post a Annual Financial Statement for school year ending June 2011/ But that detailed report needed time to complete and date September 15, 2012 with a $4.9 million dollar carryover ! $4.9 a good thing! Newark Charter had about a $460,000.00 budget deficit for year 2011. See note 10 on 2011 annual report. But a shout out to Newark Charter for posting reports as required by law. Their finances are good but needs to keep an eye on expenditures.
5.1 Each District and Charter school, no later than fifteen (15) working days after the most recent District or Charter School board meeting, shall post the most current Standardized Financial Report on its website. Provided further, the District or Charter School shall provide the final Standardized Financial Report for the past school year, no later than September 1st of each school year.
Wake up Pencader board of directors and legal eagles!!!
Please feel free to review all details and Please correct me if I am wrong and explain in relationship to reports.
Free Public Schools
CHAPTER 17. STATE APPROPRIATIONS
§ 1705A. Maximum student-instructor ratio requirements.
(a) The ratio of students to instructors in any class in kindergarten or grades 1-3 in a Delaware public school shall not exceed 22 students as of the last school day of October. In calculating such ratio, a classroom instructional aide shall count as equal to half a teacher. This subsection shall only apply to a class within which students are instructed in the core academic subjects of English/Language Arts, mathematics, science and social studies.
Kilroy says, we hear all this talk about getting serious re: public school reform but yet Delaware legislators still allow class size waivers to circumvent the law.
FYI my request to end the waivers has nothing to do with this; I was reviewing Newark Charter’s July’s board meeting and noticed this; “New Business -The Board voted unanimously to approve the FY 13 Class Size Waiver”. Newark Charter met the class size law last year and didn’t need a wavier. Why is the board approving a wavier request before the September 30, 2012 official student count? Just reading the tea leave here! School districts/ boards either report they are not applying for the wavier or they are. No big deal but I will review Delaware official class size report.
My point is , the class size wavier needs to be repealed and all school must meet class size accordance with the law.
Markell sees education reform as a means to improve quality of life in Delaware. I can’t see how the quality of life in Delaware is going to improve when criminals prey on people, banks and many small businesses in Delaware.
Governor Markell’s education investments funds more school administrators and unneeded consultative. Governor Markell is Delaware’s commander in chief but it looks like he is nothing but commander in thief. How do you build a economy when your own governor doesn’t invest in law enforcement? Perhaps we need to change Delaware’s name to Little Iraq. Markell’s quest for personal political agendas comes at a cost of human capital! People are dying in the streets of Delaware, small businesses have become piggy-banks for criminals and children have become sex play toys for sick bastards who roam our streets. Yea, I being a bit hard on Markell but shock and awl is needed.
Delaware needs a thousand more State Troopers to tame this little Markell Iraq. The time has come to put safety and security first in Delaware! At all cost!
Shortly before 1 a.m., two masked men wearing dark clothing entered the store at Four Seasons Parkway and Del. 896. They demanded cash, and the clerk complied, state police Sgt. Paul Shavack said.
As the robbers were leaving the store, one turned and fired at least one shot from a handgun at the 46-year-old clerk, striking him in the upper body, Shavack said. The assailants fled on foot in an unknown direction, Shavack said.