wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Pelosi playing de’ facto Commander in Chief and adding danger to the world!
- King Abdullah II played for Nancy Pelosi’s Lap Dog !
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- RT @TheFIREorg: Does free speech exist? According to @CardozoLaw professor Stanley Fish, it does not. Listen to the discussion with @The… 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Annnnnnnnd.... It's only Monday. Phew. 2 hours ago
- The Saints that SLAY Paint the City PINK Brunch Church Girls Rock Women’s Ministry Christ Baptist Church 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @JeritRoser: Thaddeus Moss, who doesn’t eat seafood, sharing a story following one of Clyde Edwards-Helaire’s hunting trips: “I said, ‘… 6 hours ago
- We must find joy in the struggle. In this @Salon article, I share why I was critical of Obama, why I'm backing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- I enjoyed my conversation with brother @chaunceydevega -- Take a listen! bit.ly/32fe2Sp 6 days ago
- Traffic update-DUPONT BLVD/ E REDDEN RD- GEORGETOWN IS REOPENED 9 hours ago
Daily Archives: July 31, 2012
LGBT delegates say they are honored NC Democrats chose their first transgender delegate by Matt Comer | Editor | firstname.lastname@example.org July 7, 2012 |
North Carolina’s strong LGBT community won’t be left out when the Democratic National Convention rolls into Charlotte in September. Community organizations across the state and especially in Charlotte are taking advantage of the spotlight the DNC brings. And, LGBT delegates will be there to help shape the Democratic Party’s platform, nominate President Barack Obama for a chance at a second term and serve as unofficial ambassadors welcoming their fellow delegates to the Great State of North Carolina.
Among the several LGBT delegates chosen to attend the convention was Charlotte’s Janice Covington. She’s the first transgender person ever elected to represent the state’s Democrats at a national convention.
“It feels great,” Covington said about the honor. “I really can’t come up with the words. To me it’s more than amazing.”
“I’ve dreamed over the past 20 years of being able to speak to Congress on Capitol Hill and to be able to stand there and speak not only for transgender people but also gay and lesbian people who can’t work because they don’t have the same opportunities because of discrimination,” she said.