wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- And .... yet ANOTHER academic alleges viewpoint discrimination in his denial of entry into the U.S. This time, a s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- #WilmDE's Tyler Hill celebrates Carolina League title with @WilmBlueRocks: wdel.com/news/wilmingto… | #netDE via @SeanGreeneWDEL #inWilm 9 hours ago
- RT @mattdpearce: I wonder how many em dashes I am allowed to use before my editor takes my keyboard away from me. 2 hours ago
- The Democratic establishment strategy of anybody but Bernie. Part 1: bit.ly/2kyqey5 Part 2:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Please note my reference here to the upcoming historic Civil Rights case before the Supreme Court inspired by Byron… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE: All lanes of I-95 southbound have been reopened. 1 day ago
Daily Archives: July 31, 2012
LGBT delegates say they are honored NC Democrats chose their first transgender delegate by Matt Comer | Editor | email@example.com July 7, 2012 |
North Carolina’s strong LGBT community won’t be left out when the Democratic National Convention rolls into Charlotte in September. Community organizations across the state and especially in Charlotte are taking advantage of the spotlight the DNC brings. And, LGBT delegates will be there to help shape the Democratic Party’s platform, nominate President Barack Obama for a chance at a second term and serve as unofficial ambassadors welcoming their fellow delegates to the Great State of North Carolina.
Among the several LGBT delegates chosen to attend the convention was Charlotte’s Janice Covington. She’s the first transgender person ever elected to represent the state’s Democrats at a national convention.
“It feels great,” Covington said about the honor. “I really can’t come up with the words. To me it’s more than amazing.”
“I’ve dreamed over the past 20 years of being able to speak to Congress on Capitol Hill and to be able to stand there and speak not only for transgender people but also gay and lesbian people who can’t work because they don’t have the same opportunities because of discrimination,” she said.