wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Pelosi playing de’ facto Commander in Chief and adding danger to the world!
- King Abdullah II played for Nancy Pelosi’s Lap Dog !
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- RT @TheFIREorg: Does free speech exist? According to @CardozoLaw professor Stanley Fish, it does not. Listen to the discussion with @The… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Annnnnnnnd.... It's only Monday. Phew. 4 hours ago
- The Saints that SLAY Paint the City PINK Brunch Church Girls Rock Women’s Ministry Christ Baptist Church 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @JeritRoser: Thaddeus Moss, who doesn’t eat seafood, sharing a story following one of Clyde Edwards-Helaire’s hunting trips: “I said, ‘… 7 hours ago
- We must find joy in the struggle. In this @Salon article, I share why I was critical of Obama, why I'm backing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- I enjoyed my conversation with brother @chaunceydevega -- Take a listen! bit.ly/32fe2Sp 6 days ago
- Traffic update-DUPONT BLVD/ E REDDEN RD- GEORGETOWN IS REOPENED 10 hours ago
Daily Archives: July 18, 2012
Obama proposes $1B for science, math teachers By JOSH LEDERMAN, AP
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration unveiled plans Wednesday to create an elite corps of master teachers, a $1 billion effort to boost U.S. students’ achievement in science, technology, engineering and math.
Is that $1 billion a year and who does Governor Markell have to blow this time to earn some of this money? Just more money added to the Wall Street inspired education ponzi scheme.
Teachers selected for the Master Teacher Corps will be paid an additional $20,000 a year and must commit to participate multiple years. The goal is to create a multiplier effect in which expert educators share their knowledge and skills with other teachers, improving the quality of education for all students.
Here we go again! I smell Teach for American in this scheme! Just like with the Race to The Top inspired teacher bonus its a one shot deal with no financial sustainability. Why not reward all effective teachers by getting the federal government and business roundtable cluster-fucks like Governor Jack Markell out of the classrooms and let teachers do their jobs as trained and through passion.
The administration will make $100 million available immediately out of an existing fund to incentivize top-performing teachers. Over the longer term, the White House said it plans to launch the program with $1 billion included in Obama’s budget request for fiscal year 2013.
See that, Obama takes money from one promise and makes another. How about if we take that $1 billion dollars and add some Wilmington City Police to the ranks to protect children? How about using it to payback teachers thousands of dollars they spent spent on supplies for needy students and students whose parents don’t give a rat’s ass.
But the House and Senate both voted down Obama’s budget earlier in the year, making it far from certain that Obama will be able to get congressional approval to spend $1 billion on master teachers.
Don’t worry the Wall Street ed reformer will $$$ work-over those naysayers! Its an election year.
The program will start with 2,500 teachers divided up among 50 different sites, the White House said, but will grow to include 10,000 teachers over the next four years. Obama, in partnership with a coalition of groups including the Carnegie Corporation of New York, has set a goal of producing 100,000 additional math and science teachers over the next 10 years.