Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- CNN Chris Cuomo stoking the flames of war with Iran
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- This month in FIRE history: In 2013, a FIRE staffer wrote about discovering a private organization charging thousan… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Saw 3 Frenchies in 3 minutes and I’m moving back to #Boston. #byeforever ✌🏻 cc: @ccarl 21 minutes ago
- RT @petersagal: Just got off the plane in PHI following an elderly man (over 80) slowly up the jetway and got to listen to him quietly sing… 2 hours ago
- To beat Trump in 2020, we need someone with energy and enthusiasm to fire the people up! washex.am/2Xul1c6 via @dcexaminer 1 day ago
- I’ve got white supremacy inside of me...I grew up in America. I have to conquer it every day.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Traffic Advisory- Brenford Rd Smyrna- closed due to crash. 1 hour ago
Daily Archives: July 18, 2012
Obama proposes $1B for science, math teachers By JOSH LEDERMAN, AP
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration unveiled plans Wednesday to create an elite corps of master teachers, a $1 billion effort to boost U.S. students’ achievement in science, technology, engineering and math.
Is that $1 billion a year and who does Governor Markell have to blow this time to earn some of this money? Just more money added to the Wall Street inspired education ponzi scheme.
Teachers selected for the Master Teacher Corps will be paid an additional $20,000 a year and must commit to participate multiple years. The goal is to create a multiplier effect in which expert educators share their knowledge and skills with other teachers, improving the quality of education for all students.
Here we go again! I smell Teach for American in this scheme! Just like with the Race to The Top inspired teacher bonus its a one shot deal with no financial sustainability. Why not reward all effective teachers by getting the federal government and business roundtable cluster-fucks like Governor Jack Markell out of the classrooms and let teachers do their jobs as trained and through passion.
The administration will make $100 million available immediately out of an existing fund to incentivize top-performing teachers. Over the longer term, the White House said it plans to launch the program with $1 billion included in Obama’s budget request for fiscal year 2013.
See that, Obama takes money from one promise and makes another. How about if we take that $1 billion dollars and add some Wilmington City Police to the ranks to protect children? How about using it to payback teachers thousands of dollars they spent spent on supplies for needy students and students whose parents don’t give a rat’s ass.
But the House and Senate both voted down Obama’s budget earlier in the year, making it far from certain that Obama will be able to get congressional approval to spend $1 billion on master teachers.
Don’t worry the Wall Street ed reformer will $$$ work-over those naysayers! Its an election year.
The program will start with 2,500 teachers divided up among 50 different sites, the White House said, but will grow to include 10,000 teachers over the next four years. Obama, in partnership with a coalition of groups including the Carnegie Corporation of New York, has set a goal of producing 100,000 additional math and science teachers over the next 10 years.