Publius e decere on Lawyers for two Howard High gi… Publius e decere on Ken Woods to vacate Red Clay b… lastDEconservative on Lawyers for two Howard High gi… M Ryder on Lawyers for two Howard High gi… Sue Laushey on Will Red Clay require Conrad… Publius e decere on Will Red Clay require Conrad… John on Will Red Clay require Conrad… kavips on Lawyers for two Howard High gi… John on OMG ! Rep Joe Miro hits a gran… Kevin Ohlandt on Lawyers for two Howard High gi…
- Ken Woods to vacate Red Clay board seat!
- Sen Chris Coons steps up and steps in to stop the IRS money grab re:student loans
- Lawyers for two Howard High girls rushing to trial setting the stage for double jeopardy insurance card
- OMG ! Rep Joe Miro hits a grand-slam re: WEIC Plan
- Victory in Brandywine re: referendum!But still changes in school funding needed
- What do @NAChristakis & @ErikaChristakis' recent resignations tell us about campus culture at @Yale and elsewhere? thefire.org/yale-faculty-r… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- As academic bureaucracy grows deeper, here’s who populates the layers hechingerreport.org/youve-seen-mem… via @JonMarcusBoston https://t.co/TnU4mVdsKx 2 days ago
- RT @wilmingtondegov: Special Financial Svcs Industry Class Presented at Howard HS of Technology ow.ly/qiY7300CIyM @DariusJBrown https… 11 hours ago
- Follow @usconsfreepress
- RT @2ndCaptainFly: Kobe of the spelling bee. RT @CauldronICYMI: The Spelling Bee is ruthless, kids vine.co/v/i9T5qWO5Mqj 3 hours ago
- Seems like this debate has hit a nerve: does the city want experience or new ideas? #netDE 6 hours ago
- Dear brother PRINCE...no words for this deep sadness. Loved you deeply & the precious memories shall forever enrich my soul and empower me. 1 month ago
- NY! Support my dear brother @BernieSanders, because he is supporting you. #vote youtube.com/watch?v=t7SCIq… 1 month ago
- **UPDATE** Troopers Investigating Fatal Motor Vehicle Crash North of Dover North Dover- The Delaware State... fb.me/T36XN4Lz 4 hours ago
Daily Archives: April 20, 2012
I am getting some intelligence reports from DOE Mouse on Lillian Lowery’s replacement as Delaware Secretary of Education.
Replacement will not be DOE Dan! The top contenders are Susan Bunting from Indian River School District and Mervin Daugherty from Red Clay School District.
Bookies are calling it for Mervin! Mervin was part of the Race to The Top team that went to Washington D.C. with Governor Markell, Skipper, Lowery and Judas. Red Clay is the only school district that authorized charter schools. So Mervin has some hands on experience working with charter schools. The only only possible candidate is retried Tony from Appo! But word has it Tony wouldn’t throw Markell a life preserver if he was drowning. So I’ll call it 80% chance it will be Mervin.
While Red Clay school teachers are being stalked by data coaches the Red Clay administration goes golfing!
Can you believe this Red Clay taxpayers are funding a golf outing on Monday April 23, 2012 on a school day at the Deerfield Country Club with the Red Clay Education Foundation !
Title Sponsor……… $5,000
Two foursomes, presenting Sponsor package + name prominently displayed on everything promoting the Golf Outing including publicity signs, invitations, programs, as well as on all Golf Carts Presenting Sponsors
Hey Sam don’t tell me you really gave those Red Clay administrators attending permission to take a half-day vacation day?
Don’t worry Red Clay public, Red Clay will code this expense supplies!
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
This bill requires Delaware students to learn CPR to be granted a high school diploma from a Delaware high school.
House Education Committee On 04/04/12
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO A FINANCIAL LITERACY PROGRAM FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
This bill establishes a mandatory financial literacy program for high school seniors in all public schools, including charter schools. The Secretary of the Department of Education and the State Treasurer shall develop and agree upon the curriculum of the program
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO INSTRUCTION IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS ON THE HISTORY OF ORGANIZED LABOR IN AMERICA AND THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS.
Kilroy says, where are the impact studies and who is going to foot the bill? CPR is nice but what does it have to do with academics? How much will it cost to teach every high school senior CPR? Could the school be sued if a student improperly performed CPR?
Financial literacy courses for seniors? Who balances a checkbook these days? Washington? LOL
Now we’re instructing students how to form unions ?
Folks isn’t there enough pressure on teachers and schools? What about the financial impact ? I wonder if the new charter school queen will open her eyes and see the financial pressure these requirements will put on charter schools.
What next? Requirements for student to learn how to purify their own piss? Noble causes here legislators, but if you didn’t know, we’re in the middle of public school reform! Why wasn’t this shit part of Race to The Top? All this gives new meaning to run away train!
I just dawn on me that in order for Newark Charter School to meet Delaware Secretary of Education Lowery’s charter approval stipulation to address disparities in student racial and ethic diversity, Newark Charter School might need to have a lottery for minorities and one for whites!
The outreach goal to attract more minorities has its merits but all is still subjective to a random lottery. Getting more minority applications certainly will increase the odds. Hopefully that will be the fix.
Does anyone see any other way?
Delaware Secretary of Education Lillian Lowery has accepted a job in Maryland as the secretary of education of that state.
Remember this folks Let’s just pretend Lowery is leaving Delaware DOE on June 30th Posted on February 17, 2012 by kilroysdelaware and this, Just in Lillian Lowery “may” be leaving DEDOE June 30th Posted on February 16, 2012 by kilroysdelaware
Now guess who will be the next Secretary of Education ???
Governor Jack Markell, the state board of education’s approval of Newark Charter School’s expansion was the right vote. The issues surrounding the approval are results of flaws within the charter school law. You and I know who penned that law and it wasn’t in the interest of fair and equitable education.
The issue of diversity in student population has been ongoing and you yourself raised concerns about re-segregation. I support diversity and see the charter school law that allows segregation even by choice counterproductive.
From the News Journal; “Lowery issued her recommendation last week to allow the expansion as long as Newark Charter met certain conditions to diversify its student body. Without specifying how it should accomplish this, Lowery said Newark Charter must do significant outreach to attract more minority applicants. Currently, about a third of the students are racial or ethnic minorities. The school also will need to add free and reduced-price lunches for low-income students, a change charter school leaders had agreed to during the application process”.