Jack Wells on Rep Williams calls it! Schools… M Ryder on Rep Williams calls it! Schools… Jack wells on Rep Williams calls it! Schools… M Ryder on John Young’s heart in th… M Ryder on The new Delaware reality ! NO… Jack Wells on The new Delaware reality ! NO… Frank Sims on Delaware’s new governor… kilroysdelaware on The new Delaware reality ! NO… Gerry Wright on The new Delaware reality ! NO… Jack wells on The new Delaware reality ! NO…
- New DSEA President better bring a $$$$ flashing! Carney $$$ going to be hard to find! Also Wanxiang over 1 million in unpaid school taxes!
- Police called to Delaware charter school “Design-Lab” 10 times sine January 1! CLOSE IT !
- Markell leaves Delaware in a financial hell and seniors will be hurt the most!
- Rep Williams calls it! Schools are not hotels re: star ratings
- Obamacare to stay and Trump moves on to another lie! @realDonaldTrump #Trump
- Is it bad for students to "invest time and energy" to rebut speakers? @SamatFIRE says no. @Wellesley profs say yes. nydailynews.com/opinion/colleg… 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 9 months ago
- #BREAKING: "Tracy" Ferinden accused of sexually assaulting 2 DE boys he coached: wdel.com/ex-youth-ice-h… | #NetDE… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @rodger_sherman: why does the Florida Gator do the gator chomp with his arms if he has a gator mouth capable of chomping 14 hours ago
- RT @VanishedWomen: Not only is it a right for humans to have clean accessible water, but water itself has a right 2 be clean.--Noel Altaha… 5 days ago
- We had a great conversation about James Baldwin's legacy on @radioopensource WATCH: bit.ly/2mQUQra 1 week ago
- Delaware State Police Troop 7 Most Wanted To report investigative leads on any of these wanted individuals, Call... fb.me/6MjxuIlTF 11 hours ago
Daily Archives: April 20, 2012
I am getting some intelligence reports from DOE Mouse on Lillian Lowery’s replacement as Delaware Secretary of Education.
Replacement will not be DOE Dan! The top contenders are Susan Bunting from Indian River School District and Mervin Daugherty from Red Clay School District.
Bookies are calling it for Mervin! Mervin was part of the Race to The Top team that went to Washington D.C. with Governor Markell, Skipper, Lowery and Judas. Red Clay is the only school district that authorized charter schools. So Mervin has some hands on experience working with charter schools. The only only possible candidate is retried Tony from Appo! But word has it Tony wouldn’t throw Markell a life preserver if he was drowning. So I’ll call it 80% chance it will be Mervin.
While Red Clay school teachers are being stalked by data coaches the Red Clay administration goes golfing!
Can you believe this Red Clay taxpayers are funding a golf outing on Monday April 23, 2012 on a school day at the Deerfield Country Club with the Red Clay Education Foundation !
Title Sponsor……… $5,000
Two foursomes, presenting Sponsor package + name prominently displayed on everything promoting the Golf Outing including publicity signs, invitations, programs, as well as on all Golf Carts Presenting Sponsors
Hey Sam don’t tell me you really gave those Red Clay administrators attending permission to take a half-day vacation day?
Don’t worry Red Clay public, Red Clay will code this expense supplies!
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
This bill requires Delaware students to learn CPR to be granted a high school diploma from a Delaware high school.
House Education Committee On 04/04/12
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO A FINANCIAL LITERACY PROGRAM FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
This bill establishes a mandatory financial literacy program for high school seniors in all public schools, including charter schools. The Secretary of the Department of Education and the State Treasurer shall develop and agree upon the curriculum of the program
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO INSTRUCTION IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS ON THE HISTORY OF ORGANIZED LABOR IN AMERICA AND THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS.
Kilroy says, where are the impact studies and who is going to foot the bill? CPR is nice but what does it have to do with academics? How much will it cost to teach every high school senior CPR? Could the school be sued if a student improperly performed CPR?
Financial literacy courses for seniors? Who balances a checkbook these days? Washington? LOL
Now we’re instructing students how to form unions ?
Folks isn’t there enough pressure on teachers and schools? What about the financial impact ? I wonder if the new charter school queen will open her eyes and see the financial pressure these requirements will put on charter schools.
What next? Requirements for student to learn how to purify their own piss? Noble causes here legislators, but if you didn’t know, we’re in the middle of public school reform! Why wasn’t this shit part of Race to The Top? All this gives new meaning to run away train!
I just dawn on me that in order for Newark Charter School to meet Delaware Secretary of Education Lowery’s charter approval stipulation to address disparities in student racial and ethic diversity, Newark Charter School might need to have a lottery for minorities and one for whites!
The outreach goal to attract more minorities has its merits but all is still subjective to a random lottery. Getting more minority applications certainly will increase the odds. Hopefully that will be the fix.
Does anyone see any other way?
Delaware Secretary of Education Lillian Lowery has accepted a job in Maryland as the secretary of education of that state.
Remember this folks Let’s just pretend Lowery is leaving Delaware DOE on June 30th Posted on February 17, 2012 by kilroysdelaware and this, Just in Lillian Lowery “may” be leaving DEDOE June 30th Posted on February 16, 2012 by kilroysdelaware
Now guess who will be the next Secretary of Education ??? 🙂
Governor Jack Markell, the state board of education’s approval of Newark Charter School’s expansion was the right vote. The issues surrounding the approval are results of flaws within the charter school law. You and I know who penned that law and it wasn’t in the interest of fair and equitable education.
The issue of diversity in student population has been ongoing and you yourself raised concerns about re-segregation. I support diversity and see the charter school law that allows segregation even by choice counterproductive.
From the News Journal; “Lowery issued her recommendation last week to allow the expansion as long as Newark Charter met certain conditions to diversify its student body. Without specifying how it should accomplish this, Lowery said Newark Charter must do significant outreach to attract more minority applicants. Currently, about a third of the students are racial or ethnic minorities. The school also will need to add free and reduced-price lunches for low-income students, a change charter school leaders had agreed to during the application process”.