M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- “The campus is a college student’s public square. It’s their space to be engaged citizens. The public recognizes th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @Avi_WA: This won't be controversial at all in #phled land: the74million.org/article/exclus… 1 day ago
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: In 2018, these are our priorities. I’m here today asking you to join me in making these goals a reality. #DESOTS https://… 12 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @MikeRossi: Nothin' says Philly like @theroots singing #FlyEaglesFly! twitter.com/Eagles/status/… 23 minutes ago
- RT @bradheath: The LLC was formed ten days after the Washington Post published Trump's lewd remarks in an Access Hollywood outtake. https:/… 2 hours ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 15 hours ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Bridgeville/Greenwood – The Delaware State Police have arrested two suspects in connection with multiple thefts.... fb.me/8b58DTmCl 3 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 20, 2012
I received 87 E-mails asking me to put DontDestroyChristina Delaware’s new blog on my blogroll. The 47 year-old mom has sparked some interest. So fair is fair and we all have our own opinions. So for those who made the request enjoy!
Remember DSTP the state student testing and teacher accountability plan that was crafted by the business roundtable? You know the test that was so flawed from day one! Come on you remember those 3-Tiered diplomas! It took 10 years before the state legislators stop listening to the business roundtable and delivered DCAS ( and it had nothing to do with Markell) a test that measured growth. DEDOE has dropped the ball on DCAS many times and some questions the validity of the results. But don’t worry, a new nationalized standardized test aligned with emerging nationalized common core standards is coming your way in about two years! WTF ! Millions more will be spent creating this new test! I am sure it will still have the growth model concept but more alignment of the curriculum will be in order! More bullshit chase the tail professional developmental will be need for out teachers. WTF, can’t somebody just make a Kool-aid patched and just stick on the arms of every teacher, every student and every parent? Markell can add some more jobs at DEDOE call Kool-aid coaches!
Noble Network of Charter Schools charges students at its 10 Chicago high schools $5 for detentions stemming from infractions that include chewing gum and having untied shoelaces. Last school year it collected almost $190,000 in discipline “fees” from detentions and behavior classes — a policy drawing fire from some parents, advocacy groups and education experts.
Officials at the rapidly expanding network, heralded by Mayor Rahm Emanuel as a model for the city, say the fees offset the cost of running the detention program and help keep small problems from becoming big ones. Critics say Noble is nickel-and-diming its mostly low-income students over insignificant, made-up infractions that force out kids administrators don’t want.
Emanuel defended the school, saying it gets “incredible” results and parents don’t have to send their children there. Charter schools are exempt from most district policies
Wouldn’t it make sense to at least offer allowing students to do some manual work in lieu of paying the fines? It’s the parents who has to cough up the bucks.
“It’s almost medieval in nature. It’s a form a financial torture, for lack of a better term,” Mayer said.
Cheese and crackers ! I though I was king of the drama! 🙂 I think it would be medieval if these kids got a foot put up there ass!
Check this out from the school webpage!
Noble Network of Charter Schools Believes in a Positive School Culture; Explains Student Conduct Code
To further emphasize the importance of proper behavior in school, students who earn more than 12 detentions in a school year must take a discipline course (typically four weeks in the summer) which carries a course fee of $140. This only partially defrays the cost of administering the course and paying a teacher to teach it.
Does not ask for information about test scores or special education status at any time during the application process.
Adheres to a strict blind lottery selection process. Students must be residents of Chicago and pass 8th grade to be accepted for enrollment.
This is what Delaware needs to do!
What do you think! Should parents pay transportation fees for activity buses for things like after school sports and other extra curricular activities ? And I mean full cost !
News is reporting gasoline will be $4.00 per gallon by Spring and to me that mean $5.00 per gallon by Labor Day
As for school transportation cost, Governor Markell shifted $ 7,133,000.00 (that is millions) back on local public and charter school last year impacting this school year.
Additional to transportation cuts Markell markell made these budget cuts since he’s been in office
* Reading Resource Teachers $9,431,500
* Math Specialists $3,071,700
* Limited English Proficiency Grant $1,625,000
* Technology Block Grant $1,354,000
* School-Based Discipline Program $8,213,900
* Tax Relief Allocation $17,549,500
* Academic Excellence Allotment $4,595,600
* Extra Time Programs $10,428,000
* Tuition Reimbursement $1,100,000
* Teacher Cadre & Mentoring $1,128,400
TOTAL STATE PROGRAM ELIMINATIONS: $58,497,600
See Education and Community News from Home Town Delaware another education blog from a Milford Delaware School Board member where this information originated from Early 2013 budget numbers being shared with Educators.
OK done slapping Markell around now back to the gas crisis. I do have a background in transportation management and every wheel that turns needs fuel and by time goods gets to market it takes many wheels. I kid you not, the price of food may rise by 20% before next fall. Last time I looked, farmer’s tractors don’t run off of piss.
“Diesel fuel prices are averaging $3.95, from $3.92 last week. The price of diesel fuel is up from $3.86 a month ago, and from $3.56 a year ago.”
Let’s see big tractor trailer pulled by a nice Peterbilt with 150 gallon fuel tank on each side =300 gallons x $3.95 per gallon! Yep that will be $1,185 for a fill-up! Somebody got to pay! Today’s regular gas price for your car is at an average $3.56 per gallon.
This is all sad news for the economy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(AP) Oil prices jumped to a nine-month high above $105 a barrel on Monday after Iran said it halted crude exports to Britain and France in an escalation of a dispute over the Middle Eastern country’s nuclear program.
Is the potential for war with Iran real? Will Israel take action on their own? Is America ready for yet another war?
Our food budget is tight enough as it is! How much more can we squeeze the budget? Don’t leave your pet dog out side by himself and you local Mormon’s better put some padlocks on those 5 gallon buckets of grain. Before it’s all over all children might be on Free and Reduced Lunch. School board members might have to eat MREs for board dinners! No more more “freshly baked rolls” for Red Clay’s board dinners! Wait, I forget, that crowed got booted ! Hey kiddies, keep an eye on Mike Matthews and you lunch boxes 🙂
The following organizations are participating in the March 1, 2012, Actions in Defense of Public Education (listed in alphabetical order except for the two founding participant organizations at the top of the list):