M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- FIRE—joined by @CatoInstitute, @nylawschool Professor Nadine Strossen, and @ncacensorship—files amici curiae brief… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: In 2018, these are our priorities. I’m here today asking you to join me in making these goals a reality. #DESOTS https://… 21 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- .@DE_DOJ files lawsuit against drugmakers over opioid epidemic: wdel.com/news/denn-file… | #netDE https://t.co/ioC1ub5E8w 6 hours ago
- So the real goal is to create a separate firearms regulator that they can then starve like the CFPB or EPA, right? twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT… 3 hours ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 day ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Camden Wyoming- The Delaware State Police have arrested four suspects in connection with a Home Invasion that... fb.me/Jj6mi3Id 8 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 8, 2012
If a charter school applicant can’t follow ethic rules governing zoning issues perhaps we have grounds to be concern about their ethics operating the charter school. How high does the red flag have to fly?
What do you think?? Is it OK for a student and teacher to E-mail and Text each other socially?
Personally I say it is inappropriate for a teacher to engage in social E-mailing and Texting. Meaning a student attending the same school as the teacher. Former teachers and students maybe yes! There has to be a line!
Red Clay seeks $47 million in school referendum Written by NICHOLE DOBO The News Journal
Parent Elizabeth Lockman, who lives in Cool Spring and sends her daughter to Highlands Elementary, said she supports the building improvements, but the thought of a new school in Hockessin “hit a nerve.” She’d like to see an emphasis on fixing schools that are unpopular or failing rather than building new schools. “You have to fix the problem to stop people from running to other places,” she said.
Ms. Lockman is right on the mark with her point! And further more, Red Clay Fix the schools so students want to stay rather than choice to another district school! We hear all this crap about common core standards but yet Red Clay can’t find common ground to provide the same “desirable” learning experience at every school. It seems efforts trying to make each school unique is backfiring! Wanting to go to a certain high school because the football team is better is BS! Or, I want to go to A.I High School because of their fantastic band program is BS. Red Clay will say we must follow the Choice school law! Fine but that doesn’t mean you keep pumping choice school students in A.I.H.S. to a point we need to expand the building when in fact if only feeder students only attended we wouldn’t need to expand! And this bullshit we promised parents after the last referendum we would expand A.I.H.S and must meet that promise! That was 10 years ago and how many parents or students are there the promise was made to?
Ms. Lockman is right on the mark with her point! And further more, Red Clay
Without a successful referendum for the new elementary school, the district will need to redraw neighborhood feeder patterns, officials said. Brandywine Springs and North Star elementaries are full, and there are more housing projects going up in those areas, officials said.