Ordinance No. 11-27, enacted December 12, 2011.
(Supp. No. 80)
(a) No councilman or other official or employee, whether paid or unpaid, shall engage in any business or transaction or shall have a financial or other personal interest, direct or indirect, which is incompatible with the proper discharge of his official duties in the public interest or would tend to impair his independence of judgment or action in the performance of his official duties. Personal as distinguished from financial interest includes an interest arising from blood or marriage relationships or close business or political association
Provided, that upon request from any person with official responsibility with respect to the matter, any such person who has such a personal or private interest may nevertheless respond to questions concerning any such matter.
(b) A person has an interest which tends to impair his independence of judgment in the performance of his duties with respect to any matter when:
(1) Any action or inaction with respect to the matter would result in a financial benefit or detriment to accrue to the person or a close relative to a greater extent than such benefit or detriment would accrue to others who are members of the same class or group of persons; or
(2) The person or a close relative has a financial interest in a private enterprise which enterprise or interest would be affected by any action or inaction on a matter to a lesser or greater extent than like enterprises or other interests in the same enterprise.
(c) In any case where a person has a statutory responsibility with respect to action or inaction on any matter where he has a personal or private interest and there is no provision for the delegation of such responsibilities to another person, the person may exercise responsibility with respect to such matter provided that promptly after becoming aware of such conflict of interest, he files a written statement with the board of ethics fully disclosing the personal or private interest and explaining why it is not possible to delegate responsibility for the matter to another person.
(Ord. No. 88-37, Amend. No. 2, 12-12-88; Ord. No. 93-3, Amend. Nos. 2, 3, 2-8-93)
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
Will Garfinkel on Forget about doing the right t… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.… Arthur on Holy EPER ! Has the time come… Dpont23 on Holy EPER ! Has the time come… M Ryder on This how Harnett County North… kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C…
- Who Protects Kids When Teacher Unions Won’t? The DSEA and NEA Response To Shocking Video Is Horrendous!
- Forget about doing the right thing :The stage has been set for property reassessment to increase “public” school funding.
- Being honest somethings offends friends. However, offended friends may not be friends
- The implosion of the former G.M. / Fisker Boxwood Plant will implode Red Clay local school taxes.
- Holy EPER ! Has the time come to question the $$$ need of extracurricular activities?
- @universityofky The @universityofky defines a bias incident as “[a]ny activity that intimidates, demeans, mocks, de… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @teamtrace: CNN: "When you go back to that school, how will you feel?" Santa Fe High School shooting survivor: "I'm not going back. I'm… 4 days ago
- Begin your #SUMMER at The Twenties & Thirties Millennial Summit (See flyers for details) Register for the 5K Run/W… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- A beautiful service for my dear brother, James Cone. I will miss him. But his legacy lives on: vimeo.com/268635754 1 week ago
- RT @DCWarnerTheatre: PRESALE -- Justice Matters: Dr. @CornelWest and @DomenicoNPR on May 31st! Use code “DANCE” until 10PM Thursday: https:… 1 month ago
- Dover – Delaware State Police have arrested Jeffrey M. Helm Jr., 31, of Dover on multiple drug related offenses aft… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago