Ordinance No. 11-27, enacted December 12, 2011.
(Supp. No. 80)
(a) No councilman or other official or employee, whether paid or unpaid, shall engage in any business or transaction or shall have a financial or other personal interest, direct or indirect, which is incompatible with the proper discharge of his official duties in the public interest or would tend to impair his independence of judgment or action in the performance of his official duties. Personal as distinguished from financial interest includes an interest arising from blood or marriage relationships or close business or political association
Provided, that upon request from any person with official responsibility with respect to the matter, any such person who has such a personal or private interest may nevertheless respond to questions concerning any such matter.
(b) A person has an interest which tends to impair his independence of judgment in the performance of his duties with respect to any matter when:
(1) Any action or inaction with respect to the matter would result in a financial benefit or detriment to accrue to the person or a close relative to a greater extent than such benefit or detriment would accrue to others who are members of the same class or group of persons; or
(2) The person or a close relative has a financial interest in a private enterprise which enterprise or interest would be affected by any action or inaction on a matter to a lesser or greater extent than like enterprises or other interests in the same enterprise.
(c) In any case where a person has a statutory responsibility with respect to action or inaction on any matter where he has a personal or private interest and there is no provision for the delegation of such responsibilities to another person, the person may exercise responsibility with respect to such matter provided that promptly after becoming aware of such conflict of interest, he files a written statement with the board of ethics fully disclosing the personal or private interest and explaining why it is not possible to delegate responsibility for the matter to another person.
(Ord. No. 88-37, Amend. No. 2, 12-12-88; Ord. No. 93-3, Amend. Nos. 2, 3, 2-8-93)
Arthur on Is Delaware’s proposed E… M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce…
- Is Delaware’s proposed Education Regulation 225 overreaching ?
- Carney and County officials don’t have the authority to cut school taxes for Amazon re: secret deal
- Will the United States Air Force face class-action lawsuit for their blunder that cost so many lives in Texas?
- Trojan Horse TFA infiltrates Delaware’s school principal training program
- Rep Melanie George Smith needs to step-down!
- Faculty in NYU's journalism institute will not participate in NYU's Abu Dhabi program until visa controversy is res… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- VIDEO: #FeltonDE man fires up grill for a good cause: wdel.com/news/video-fel… | #netDE https://t.co/6sQupCPxP1 17 hours ago
- RT @BradMyersTNJ: Delmar goes from 13 points behind to 21 points ahead vs. No. 1 DMA #delhs delawareonline.com/story/sports/2… 2 hours ago
- We live in the unequal States of America. If you missed my interview on yesterday’s @cnni, please watch it here: snappytv.com/tc/6322942 3 days ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 1 month ago
- Laurel – The Delaware State Police are releasing the name of the 37-year-old man that was killed in Thursday... fb.me/1EyqonYdr 2 hours ago