Ordinance No. 11-27, enacted December 12, 2011.
(Supp. No. 80)
(a) No councilman or other official or employee, whether paid or unpaid, shall engage in any business or transaction or shall have a financial or other personal interest, direct or indirect, which is incompatible with the proper discharge of his official duties in the public interest or would tend to impair his independence of judgment or action in the performance of his official duties. Personal as distinguished from financial interest includes an interest arising from blood or marriage relationships or close business or political association
Provided, that upon request from any person with official responsibility with respect to the matter, any such person who has such a personal or private interest may nevertheless respond to questions concerning any such matter.
(b) A person has an interest which tends to impair his independence of judgment in the performance of his duties with respect to any matter when:
(1) Any action or inaction with respect to the matter would result in a financial benefit or detriment to accrue to the person or a close relative to a greater extent than such benefit or detriment would accrue to others who are members of the same class or group of persons; or
(2) The person or a close relative has a financial interest in a private enterprise which enterprise or interest would be affected by any action or inaction on a matter to a lesser or greater extent than like enterprises or other interests in the same enterprise.
(c) In any case where a person has a statutory responsibility with respect to action or inaction on any matter where he has a personal or private interest and there is no provision for the delegation of such responsibilities to another person, the person may exercise responsibility with respect to such matter provided that promptly after becoming aware of such conflict of interest, he files a written statement with the board of ethics fully disclosing the personal or private interest and explaining why it is not possible to delegate responsibility for the matter to another person.
(Ord. No. 88-37, Amend. No. 2, 12-12-88; Ord. No. 93-3, Amend. Nos. 2, 3, 2-8-93)
Mike Broaddus on Message to North Korea militar… kilroysdelaware on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Matthews on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Broaddus on Why is it necessary to publish… kilroysdelaware on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Red Clay forms committee to ad… M Ryder on Red Clay forms committee to ad… Arthur on OMG ! Rodel is trying to cover… Mike Broaddus on Weak-kneed Obama defers war wi…
- Why aren’t weather reporters in Florida not wearing hardhats or protective helmets?? @weatherchannel @cnn
- Delaware legislators refuse to fund all public schools the same! @dedeptofed @destateboarded @johncarneyde @
- Rep Kowalko on his soapbox bitch-slapping
- Message to North Korea military leaders save your families from Kim Jong-um #NORTHKOREA @DPRK_News
- China is North Korea’s puppet-master! Stop shopping at Walmart!
- University of Wisconsin–Madison deletes students’ video amid criticism from state senator: thefire.org/university-of-… https://t.co/ZwM2N4QXCw 12 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @hechingerreport @magstock @nhannahjones Here's @emmanuelfelton's story, published the same week as the other story… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.… https://t.co/sS5AbcY0JX 1 week ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- The relative silence of those Americans who ought to be a part of an anti-fascist coalition is the real challenge. snappytv.com/tc/5522434 1 month ago
- Newark- Delaware State Police have arrested two people and have charged them in connection with a pair of armed... fb.me/1hc3jege7 16 hours ago