Ordinance No. 11-27, enacted December 12, 2011.
(Supp. No. 80)
(a) No councilman or other official or employee, whether paid or unpaid, shall engage in any business or transaction or shall have a financial or other personal interest, direct or indirect, which is incompatible with the proper discharge of his official duties in the public interest or would tend to impair his independence of judgment or action in the performance of his official duties. Personal as distinguished from financial interest includes an interest arising from blood or marriage relationships or close business or political association
Provided, that upon request from any person with official responsibility with respect to the matter, any such person who has such a personal or private interest may nevertheless respond to questions concerning any such matter.
(b) A person has an interest which tends to impair his independence of judgment in the performance of his duties with respect to any matter when:
(1) Any action or inaction with respect to the matter would result in a financial benefit or detriment to accrue to the person or a close relative to a greater extent than such benefit or detriment would accrue to others who are members of the same class or group of persons; or
(2) The person or a close relative has a financial interest in a private enterprise which enterprise or interest would be affected by any action or inaction on a matter to a lesser or greater extent than like enterprises or other interests in the same enterprise.
(c) In any case where a person has a statutory responsibility with respect to action or inaction on any matter where he has a personal or private interest and there is no provision for the delegation of such responsibilities to another person, the person may exercise responsibility with respect to such matter provided that promptly after becoming aware of such conflict of interest, he files a written statement with the board of ethics fully disclosing the personal or private interest and explaining why it is not possible to delegate responsibility for the matter to another person.
(Ord. No. 88-37, Amend. No. 2, 12-12-88; Ord. No. 93-3, Amend. Nos. 2, 3, 2-8-93)
M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- “The campus is a college student’s public square. It’s their space to be engaged citizens. The public recognizes th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @Avi_WA: This won't be controversial at all in #phled land: the74million.org/article/exclus… 1 day ago
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: In 2018, these are our priorities. I’m here today asking you to join me in making these goals a reality. #DESOTS https://… 12 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @MikeRossi: Nothin' says Philly like @theroots singing #FlyEaglesFly! twitter.com/Eagles/status/… 20 minutes ago
- RT @bradheath: The LLC was formed ten days after the Washington Post published Trump's lewd remarks in an Access Hollywood outtake. https:/… 2 hours ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 15 hours ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Bridgeville/Greenwood – The Delaware State Police have arrested two suspects in connection with multiple thefts.... fb.me/8b58DTmCl 3 hours ago