Gingrich: Shrink Education Department. But supported Obama administration’s $4 billion Race to the Top grant competition for states. (Kilroy: don’t trust Gingrich)
Paul: Abolish the Education Department and end the federal role in education. (Kilroy: Gotta love him but slim chances of winning )
Perry: Turned down federal education aid to Texas worth up to $700 million because he saw it as imposing national standards on Texas schools. Opposed No Child Left Behind law. (Kilroy: man has some balls but too wild for president)
Romney: Supported No Child Left Behind law. Once favored shutting Education Department, later saw its value in “holding down the interests of the teachers’ unions.” (Kilroy: So we’ll spend billion to help fight teacher and deny Wall Street ed companies are special interest)
Santorum: Voted for No Child Left Behind law, now regrets vote. Wants “significantly” smaller Education Department but not its elimination. ( Kilroy: Why not just apologize? But yes smaller USDOE is needed)
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Who Protects Kids When Teacher… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.… Arthur on Holy EPER ! Has the time come… Dpont23 on Holy EPER ! Has the time come… M Ryder on This how Harnett County North… kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C…
- Who Protects Kids When Teacher Unions Won’t? The DSEA and NEA Response To Shocking Video Is Horrendous!
- Forget about doing the right thing :The stage has been set for property reassessment to increase “public” school funding.
- Being honest somethings offends friends. However, offended friends may not be friends
- The implosion of the former G.M. / Fisker Boxwood Plant will implode Red Clay local school taxes.
- Holy EPER ! Has the time come to question the $$$ need of extracurricular activities?
- "When a university accedes to calls to punish professors for their research and expression, it sends the message th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @teamtrace: CNN: "When you go back to that school, how will you feel?" Santa Fe High School shooting survivor: "I'm not going back. I'm… 2 days ago
- Begin your #SUMMER at The Twenties & Thirties Millennial Summit (See flyers for details) Register for the 5K Run/W… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- “We’re gonna pawty like it’s Stan’s birthday!” 🎂 🎁 #NetDE #Frenchie #frenchbulldog #stanley https://t.co/fAFsn6x4U9 14 hours ago
- RT @jeffjarvis: The BBC tweet eloquently speaks for itself but the current volume-based, content-based business model of media online drive… 18 hours ago
- A beautiful service for my dear brother, James Cone. I will miss him. But his legacy lives on: vimeo.com/268635754 1 week ago
- RT @DCWarnerTheatre: PRESALE -- Justice Matters: Dr. @CornelWest and @DomenicoNPR on May 31st! Use code “DANCE” until 10PM Thursday: https:… 1 month ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice