By Nick Anderson Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
While states are moving fast to overhaul public schools, President Obama’s education agenda is hitting a wall in Congress.
There is a growing sense on Capitol Hill that the law enacted in 2002 under President George W. Bush will remain at least until next year, even though Obama pledged repeatedly as a candidate in 2008 to revise it. The law, which stresses annual standardized testing, is controversial in part because a third of public schools are now labeled as failing to meet standards.
M Ryder on Is The Delaware Department of… Break on Conrad continues to shed black… Jonathan on Is The Delaware Department of… Kevin Ohlandt on Is The Delaware Department of… kilroysdelaware on Is The Delaware Department of… anon on Is The Delaware Department of… Kevin Ohlandt on Is The Delaware Department of… Break on Something for Publius re: Conr… Break on Something for Publius re: Conr… kilroysdelaware on Something for Publius re: Conr…
- Hey Kilroy, I Found A Better Publius! And This One Has A Blog!
- Is The Delaware Department of Education playing a game of Where’s Waldo re: past student testing results
- Conrad continues to shed black students
- Something for Publius re: Conrad mascot / logo dilemma
- WDEL Rick Jensen Show weighs is on Red Clay Conrad mascot and logo issue
- RT @sarahemclaugh: At @TheFIREorg we believe free and open discussion is important on campus—so we started our own debate series: https://t… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Have you ever wondered what a fire hydrant looks like before it goes in the ground? Your in luck. Behold! http://t.co/1nJ8BPgzpe 5 hours ago
- @WilmFireChief @WilmFireDept @IAFF1590 @IAFFNewsDesk greet students at Eastside Charter School #3rdDistrict #wilmde http://t.co/5WUCyLtaox 3 hours ago
- Follow @usconsfreepress
- VIDEO: @SenatorCarper throws support behind the #IranNuclearDeal: wdel.com/story/70306-vi… #NetDE #IranDeal http://t.co/guR6DO9GYl 9 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- We will push him with integrity toward a more comprehensive vision of freedom for all. @BernieSanders #BernieSanders2016 1 week ago
- Now is the time for his prophetic voice to be heard across our crisis-ridden country. #BernieSanders 1 week ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice