By Nick Anderson Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
While states are moving fast to overhaul public schools, President Obama’s education agenda is hitting a wall in Congress.
There is a growing sense on Capitol Hill that the law enacted in 2002 under President George W. Bush will remain at least until next year, even though Obama pledged repeatedly as a candidate in 2008 to revise it. The law, which stresses annual standardized testing, is controversial in part because a third of public schools are now labeled as failing to meet standards.
John Young on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… John on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… Kevin Ohlandt on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… Publius e decere on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… Publius e decere on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… Publius e decere on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… lastDEconservative on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… John on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… Arthur on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato… Kevin Ohlandt on OMG! Kilroy concedes to Senato…
- Is college "home"? This @nytimes article says no: "College needs to be a time of exploration and experimentation." thefire.org/yale-profs-in-… 1 day ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @teacher_project: Another debate, another failure by moderators to ask abt something that affects more than 50 million children: Public … 1 hour ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- Follow @usconsfreepress
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @PattyTalorico: Started my morning with a slice of King Cake from Nonna Randazzo's in Louisiana. How about you? Tx, @TNJ_malbright https… 2 days ago
- This is why I believe @BernieSanders should be our next President. on.fb.me/1VpPsFc 1 week ago
- Don't miss this new brilliant/courageous book by my dear Brother, Prof. @esglaude of Princeton - DEMOCRACY IN BLACK. bit.ly/1KvuaA7 2 weeks ago
- Troopers Investigate Robbery of a Gas Station - Newark Newark, DE- Delaware State Police are investigating the... fb.me/75OXV3gC1 17 hours ago