By Nick Anderson Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
While states are moving fast to overhaul public schools, President Obama’s education agenda is hitting a wall in Congress.
There is a growing sense on Capitol Hill that the law enacted in 2002 under President George W. Bush will remain at least until next year, even though Obama pledged repeatedly as a candidate in 2008 to revise it. The law, which stresses annual standardized testing, is controversial in part because a third of public schools are now labeled as failing to meet standards.
Pencadermom on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… Kevin Ohlandt on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… lastDEconservative on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… Mike O. on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… Mike O. on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… lastDEconservative on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… Elizabeth on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… Elizabeth on News Journal snubs Red Clay Co… Mike O. on Lynching Freire for Delaware D… kilroysdelaware on Lynching Freire for Delaware D…
- Don’t reward Governor Jack Markell by turning your back on Christina School District’s Operational Referendum
- Mark Murphy Tries To Come Off Like Markell, But Sounds More Like Little Bo Peep
- Freire fever! Inside sources sill calling for probation re: Spec Ed Plan not enrollment #
- Lynching Freire for Delaware Department of Education’s stupidity makes no sense !
- Freire Charter School won’t be ordered closed! Kilroy calls it for probation
- RT @glukianoff: Purdue adopts 'Chicago principles' to protect #FreeSpeech bit.ly/1HDV5tO @chicagotribune 19 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- The 27th anniversary @CBrownJazzFest Friday, June 13 through Saturday, June 20, 2015. #cbjazzfest #3rdDistrict #jazz http://t.co/DhvsjkFLYv 2 days ago
- Bored and cannot sleep...... 3 hours ago
- RT @mathewi: Yes, people will pay for things on the Internet — but that doesn't mean they will pay for *your* thing: mashable.com/2015/05/23/pea… 6 hours ago
- This week in "kids that make me feel like a slacker," a graduating senior who never missed a day of class. delawareonline.com/story/life/201… 2 days ago
- #MalcolmX had the courage to risk life and limb to speak of the painful truths about America. ow.ly/Ndgc8 4 days ago
- Today we remember and celebrate the life of a towering figure in American history -- Malcolm X. ow.ly/Nac4S 5 days ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice