wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- RT @WillatFIRE: Proud to see our digital First Amendment coursebook released — and very grateful to count the brilliant Jackie Farmer, Ron… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- RT @CBSNews: FIELD OF GOLD: Drone footage captured a gorgeous field of about 500,000 blooming sunflowers in Wisconsin https://t.co/0LWYcbc6… 39 minutes ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- We have lost the greatest novelist of our time - my dearest sister, colleague and teacher, the one and only… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Brother @BernieSanders confronts the challenges of the Democratic Party. Watch/read via @democracynow here: bit.ly/2YGFxTq 2 weeks ago
- Traffic Advisory-Front st.-Wyoming - closed due to crash 2 days ago
Daily Archives: January 16, 2010
“State education officials will file an application for millions in federal education stimulus dollars without a promise Milwaukee’s mayor will take over the city’s struggling schools, Gov. Jim Doyle said Friday.”
“Without that pledge, the Obama administration very well could ax the request, cutting hundreds of state school districts out of Race To The Top grants, the governor warned.”
“All may miss out if we can’t demonstrate Milwaukee can meet the challenge,” Doyle said during a news conference at Glacial Drumlin School, a sparkling new middle school in this village of 6,000 about 15 miles east of Madison”
Looks like mayor’s refusal to be school chief may cost all of Wisconsin’s schools.
“Lawmakers also asked why some of the largest school districts in the state didn’t sign on, and they questioned the sustainability of programs developed with temporary grant money from the federal Department of Education.”
“I see a flaw in this process. At no point were legislators involved,” said Senate Education Committee Chairman John Goedde”
Has Markell been moonlighting ? LOL
Resegregation is not happening in Delaware schools by the legal definition as Hube points out and is correct.
Hube said, “I used the term “pre-Brown” in a previous post, but you’ve subsequently misallocated it. “Pre-Brown” means legalized segregation and discrimination, NOT merely [segregated] racial proportions. That needs to be made clear”
Jack Markell made references to his concerns with charter resegregation and skimming of students during the debate for governor. And the term resegregation has been used around the country in regards to charter schools.
I made this response to Hube’s comment on another post. Is Obama too white to understand? : “As far as Markell, I am good with photo shop but I had nothing to do with the YouTube video of him at the DSEA debates citing his concerns with “resegregation and the skimming of students” re: charter schools. Somewhere in those two words is the truth. Skimming of the students doesn’t mean racially but academically but the results leave impressions of race. Did we create a system driven by winning the Superior Crown by all means like some obsession pee-wee football coach?”
I also said this, “bottom-line is, we need Delaware laws to promote racial diversity and make all students black, white, brown and all shades welcome in all school in the state of Delaware. We need to see better out reach to make students and parents welcome. If anything the segregation seems to be by high poverty and schools with poverty level over 30% seems to be struggling. There are many facets to poverty that impedes on schools and teachers to meet educational needs. And yes, there in a breakdown in the communities that shares the blame.”
So perhaps if anything the segregation is based on academic achievement due to the desires of some charter schools more focused on surviving the ax of being closed due to not closing the achievement gap.
Also, I feel were going from a war (reform) on trying to address the achievement gap to trying to produce students who will can compete in the so-called “Global Economy.”
If we truly want to reform public education we need to ensure the playing field is even for students and teachers. The political fibers woven into education reforms with multiple agendas that includes, those trying to capitalize on the privatization and political advancement do compromise the goals of sincere educators who are working for the best interest of children. The failure of public schools are result of failed legislation that in all cases lack adequate funding.
Pouring more money into everything except the realocation of teaching units to effectively reduce class sizes and programs to effectively address student discipline is a waste of taxpayers dollars.
Governor Markell has a legal and moral obligation to address the disparities in education and promote racial diversity through fair and equitable means that promotes, encourage and advocate for our children of greatest need. The governor of Delaware and all states must be the advocating voice for all children particularly for children whose own parents fail to advocate. For those community leaders lining up to share in the Race to The Top funding pie proclaiming they work in the name of Dr. King, just remember your judgement day will come. The pigs of the ghettos who feed of their poor will rot in hell. To the righteous business people like banker who are all so carrying about the poor children, please stop leaching of their parents with your immoral interest rates.
Hey Jack, it’s a bitching being at the top isn’t ? Could be worst, you could be down hill where all the shit lands.
“These reforms are a result of the partnership we have with our legislators, educators, administrators, school boards, businesses and parents,” Markell said. “It’s clear that what works best about Delaware is that we can all come together as neighbors to find solutions like this.”
For schools that do not show education progress for three or more years: The Department and district will expand support and evaluate more aggressive reforms. This may include replacing school leadership and/or select staff, providing outside expertise to advise the school, decreasing management authority at the school level, and implementing scheduling changes to increase teacher collaboration time and extend learning time.