434 OF 434 DISTRICTS REPORTED
RUTH ANN MINNER 185548 50 . 9 %
WILLIAM SWAIN LEE 167008 45 . 8 %
INDEPENDENT PARTY OF DEL
FRANK INFANTE 10753 2 . 9 %
FRANK INFANTE 1450 0 . 4 %
With the Delaware democratic party fractured at its core Bill Lee is the clear winner. Republicans aren’t going to swing Markell’s way and Protack will fair well pulling in many votes that would have went to Carney because Markell pulled the stirngs to bash Carney.
Carney wins the primary he would pick up 65% of Markell’s supporters because they would rather vote for Carney instead of Bill Lee. However, with all the bashing of Carney by Markell’s goons Bill Lee just might pull it off. Markell obession to win to satisfy his ego will expose the truth about how the Democrats failed by electing Minner and Carney! They might actually wake up and realize we do need to clean house in Dover.
Do the math, Bill Lee only lost by 4.11% and with the Delaware Democrats in disarray it won’t be hard to pick up a few %.
Those who keep busting on Bill Lee about his age need to be very careful as this state is filled with old folks who just might get pissed off to work to elect their fellow senior Bill Lee just for spite. Jason, go talk to your grandparents about old people! Tell you what, for an old man Bill Lee is in better shape then many of the bloggers who make fun of his age. Markell’s gang refers elderly people like Bill Lee as too old to be part of government but yet Markell wouldn’t have any problem taxing the shit of of seniors. What kind of message is Markell sending, one hand he claims to care about healhcare for the aging and on the other hand, old people are usless?
As far as education, Bill Lee was on the dump DSTP bandwagon way before any elected offical and Bill Lee pushed the 3 Teired Diploma issue into the debates and forced Minner to support dumping them. John Carney even jumped on dump the 3 Teired Diplomas bandwagon. Bill Lee many have loss but he helped parents to victory cracking the foundation of DSTP.
Before I give my full support to Bill Lee I will sitdown with him and discuss his views on charter schools. I am hoping he will support Conduit Loans for charter schools (Conduit Loans are not state funded and are special commerical loans). I will ask that he required DOE to complete a study on the distribution of state and federal educational grants to ensure high poverty charter schools are getting their fair shake. As I’ve said in the past , overachievers need a place to learn to their potential but we can’t lose sight of the needs of low performing children. I would also hope Bill Lee supports better finanical transparentcy of educational dollars from DOE to each school disitrcit. Being that education represents one third of the state budget ( sorry Al , you were right) that public education would be a great place to start with real finanical transparency. I would present my case to support changing the charter school law that only permitts DOE to approve charter school applications.
We need change in Delaware as the democrats clearly indicate by their dislike of thier Minner and the riff Markell is causing within the party.
All I can said to Bill Lee is if Carney emerges victorious from the primary is look out! If Markell only has the old man card to play God help him!
I have a major political crossroad ahead of me and it’s not about not support charter schools, its about finding ways to meet the needs of all students in the fairest possible way. Traditional public school teachers should not be the scapegoat for the charter school excuse when in fact state government has failed to provide accountablity of all stakeholders including parents and school boards. Local Red Clay legislators failed to address the needs of the Red Clay community during the finanical meltdown because they were too busy planning charter schools and supporting Red Clay School Board’s hidden charter agenda. We need to promote diversity in public education in a fair and equable way for students and teachers.
Mike O. on All Delaware Traditional, Vote… Break on Crow Pie for Publius re: Chris… Break on All Delaware Traditional, Vote… M Ryder on All Delaware Traditional, Vote… lastDEconservative on Crow Pie for Publius re: Chris… Kevin Ohlandt on All Delaware Traditional, Vote… M Ryder on Crow Pie for Publius re: Chris… Mike Broaddus on Crow Pie for Publius re: Chris… M Ryder on Appo Super debunks Kevin… Kevin Ohlandt on Appo Super debunks Kevin…
- All Delaware Traditional, Votech and Charter schools are required by law to record their board meetings “effective 8/25/2016”
- Crow Pie for Publius re: Christina is open to approve charter schools
- Appo Super debunks Kevin’s $$$$ scrutiny
- Were minorities in this video paid by Trump to trash Hillary?
- The destruction of Red Clay school district delayed
- ICYMI: "The Coddling of the American Mind: How Trigger Warnings are Hurting Mental Health on Campus" theatlantic.com/magazine/archi… @TheAtlantic 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Cardboard cutout in place of missing candidate for office ... creative. 👀 🕵 twitter.com/acherry13/stat… 1 day ago
- RT @teacher_city: Tx @DariusJBrown 4 supporting our school community & coming to our kick off event @StubbsSchool! #GreatCitySchoolsDe http… 16 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 months ago
- #NCCDE police credit @DelCrimeStopper reward $$ w/ making arrest in Malcolm Evans's murder: wdel.com/story/76875-ne… | #NetDE 23 hours ago
- RT @JamesFisherTNJ: Striking image on this @SeanBarneyDE mailer, one few Ds would probably put on an ad- tagline contextualizes #netde http… 22 hours ago
- #WikiLeaks #DNC wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/ema… 4 weeks ago
- Several important points from Bernie's campaign didn't make it into the Democratic Party Platform. Still work to do. nyti.ms/2anwd1O 1 month ago
- Presented by the Director of Public Information Sergeant Richard D. Bratz Millsboro, DE – The Delaware State... fb.me/3Lhehtpry 1 hour ago