434 OF 434 DISTRICTS REPORTED
RUTH ANN MINNER 185548 50 . 9 %
WILLIAM SWAIN LEE 167008 45 . 8 %
INDEPENDENT PARTY OF DEL
FRANK INFANTE 10753 2 . 9 %
FRANK INFANTE 1450 0 . 4 %
With the Delaware democratic party fractured at its core Bill Lee is the clear winner. Republicans aren’t going to swing Markell’s way and Protack will fair well pulling in many votes that would have went to Carney because Markell pulled the stirngs to bash Carney.
Carney wins the primary he would pick up 65% of Markell’s supporters because they would rather vote for Carney instead of Bill Lee. However, with all the bashing of Carney by Markell’s goons Bill Lee just might pull it off. Markell obession to win to satisfy his ego will expose the truth about how the Democrats failed by electing Minner and Carney! They might actually wake up and realize we do need to clean house in Dover.
Do the math, Bill Lee only lost by 4.11% and with the Delaware Democrats in disarray it won’t be hard to pick up a few %.
Those who keep busting on Bill Lee about his age need to be very careful as this state is filled with old folks who just might get pissed off to work to elect their fellow senior Bill Lee just for spite. Jason, go talk to your grandparents about old people! Tell you what, for an old man Bill Lee is in better shape then many of the bloggers who make fun of his age. Markell’s gang refers elderly people like Bill Lee as too old to be part of government but yet Markell wouldn’t have any problem taxing the shit of of seniors. What kind of message is Markell sending, one hand he claims to care about healhcare for the aging and on the other hand, old people are usless?
As far as education, Bill Lee was on the dump DSTP bandwagon way before any elected offical and Bill Lee pushed the 3 Teired Diploma issue into the debates and forced Minner to support dumping them. John Carney even jumped on dump the 3 Teired Diplomas bandwagon. Bill Lee many have loss but he helped parents to victory cracking the foundation of DSTP.
Before I give my full support to Bill Lee I will sitdown with him and discuss his views on charter schools. I am hoping he will support Conduit Loans for charter schools (Conduit Loans are not state funded and are special commerical loans). I will ask that he required DOE to complete a study on the distribution of state and federal educational grants to ensure high poverty charter schools are getting their fair shake. As I’ve said in the past , overachievers need a place to learn to their potential but we can’t lose sight of the needs of low performing children. I would also hope Bill Lee supports better finanical transparentcy of educational dollars from DOE to each school disitrcit. Being that education represents one third of the state budget ( sorry Al , you were right) that public education would be a great place to start with real finanical transparency. I would present my case to support changing the charter school law that only permitts DOE to approve charter school applications.
We need change in Delaware as the democrats clearly indicate by their dislike of thier Minner and the riff Markell is causing within the party.
All I can said to Bill Lee is if Carney emerges victorious from the primary is look out! If Markell only has the old man card to play God help him!
I have a major political crossroad ahead of me and it’s not about not support charter schools, its about finding ways to meet the needs of all students in the fairest possible way. Traditional public school teachers should not be the scapegoat for the charter school excuse when in fact state government has failed to provide accountablity of all stakeholders including parents and school boards. Local Red Clay legislators failed to address the needs of the Red Clay community during the finanical meltdown because they were too busy planning charter schools and supporting Red Clay School Board’s hidden charter agenda. We need to promote diversity in public education in a fair and equable way for students and teachers.
Karen Thompson on Make Delaware great again! Joh… Pencadermom on John Young’s heart in th… john kowalko on John Young’s heart in th… Pencadermom on John Young’s heart in th… lastDEconservative on It’s Time to Get Real Ab… Elizabeth on John Young’s heart in th… M Ryder on John Young’s heart in th… M Ryder on John Young’s heart in th… john kowalko on John Young’s heart in th… V. on NO TO COLONIAL ! More proof lo…
- School districts call for more referendums while doing nothing about deadbeats like Wanxiang!
- Delaware Death Watch re: election 10th senate 2/25/2017! Elect Hansen Delaware dies !
- Will Delaware continue the death spiral by election Hansen or will Delaware rise out by electing Marino?
- Kilroy supports Mike Matthews 100% re: DSEA PREZ
- The Brits needs worry about their house !
- RT @glukianoff: .@philtalkradio Just came out with our 10 worst schools for #freespeech list: huff.to/2moV2NR Helpful for our discu… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @kenvogel: FLASHBACK: @seanspicer in Dec. says Trump WH won't ban specific media outlets. "That's what makes a democracy a democracy vs… 17 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 8 months ago
- RT @Guy_VanderLek: @WDEL @acherry13 Top of 10th District at Glasgow HS 08/25 - approx 960 registered - 167 have voted as of 1 PM. 1 hour ago
- Well this'll hurt this plane's collective self-esteem: pilot basically just said we're too heavy to take off. #oof 5 minutes ago
- Always a blessing to visit & celebrate with Saint Sabina and my dear brother Fr. @MichaelPfleger in Chicago. #vid bit.ly/2lJUoN3 2 days ago
- Tues., Feb. 21st Join me & Malik Shabazz as we debate and hold a national town hall meeting on Donald Trump at… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Gary E. Fournier Dover, DE- The Delaware State Police... fb.me/1OzCcS3sf 20 hours ago